Duner Banshee

gordo_dk

HI guys....im new to the forum but not unfamiliar with banshees...i just bought a bare frame with intentions to build it from the ground into a dune machine any suggestions on where to start? and ii would thank you guys if you can help me throughout my build!

Can't go wrong with +2's as far as fox or elka it depends on what u want and $$$ u wanna spend elka makes some really nice stuff I had race tech in carona do my front and rear suspension it ran about 980 no resi on them tho, but there adjustable and ride amazing, plus they did my suspension to match my bike.

The guy that built my motor is really good he is also a mechanic for inland ATV he did a 423 kit 4mil crank porting work, carbs, head, clutch and a ton of other stuff and my shee has been running solid for 2 years, I'm also very hard on my bike 6'6" 270lbs and the thing is fast as shit with me on it u want the info let me know

There is a bunch of places in so cal herrjugs racing is close to that cheap fast and good also Paul turner and alba racing ... Inland atv , rub dubs , Tripones racing in the low desert and I.e and shearer in the high desert as well as sponsors on this site so take your pick pm me if there is some one you would like me to recommend you

@banshee760 i see your from the valley...i had one of my friends check out the motor and he told me with a little honing ill be good. i was planning to go for mil but he suggested i do a simple build so i wouldnt be having troubles with the bike overheatong.

@5150banshee what do you suggest i go with as far as carbs and piston size? the bike hasnt gotten any porting so im thinking about getting it ported with portmatched carbs...i found a shop here in el centro with very good reputation on performance build...so what do you suggest?

I had mine ported with 66mm blaster pistons 4mil crank 35mil carbs 18cc domes race clutch and advanced timing. couple other little things here and there gearing,+6 swing arm, heavy duty spring with a re valve since I'm 265lbs

If ur only gonna do light motor work

Have the stock crank trued and welded go with 64.5 pistons 33mil carbs and a cool head with 19 or 20cc domes I had that on my last set up just for a dunner and I loved it reliable and still enough power with T5's, I just wanted a lil more as everyone always does. Hahahaha

haha yeah...well idk about the pistons...maybe some wiseco? adn im thinking about sending to get trued and welded at hjr...ive heard so many good things about kevin so i guess ill be taking it to him...im gonna need help with the whole putting back together part cause its my first build lol