a couple of flat track questions

UPbansheeRacer

okay i have a couple of questions about flat track before i start racing. what kind of tires should i get? i hear if you get a pair of cheap square knobbies and cut them horizontally in the middle that they work good. I have a sway bar for my banshee and i was wondering if i should put it on for a dirt track or if those are only for ice racing.

Can I get a little more info on what you ride, where you will ride, surface, etc. There are just so many variables to consider when setting up.

ill be racing a banshee on a flat oval dirt track. Im thinking of getting kenda scorions i hear they hook up good my buddy had a set on his banshee. i just need to know if i should put my sway bar on or not

Yes you will want to install your swaybar, and scale out your bike, start in a neutral position and go from there. For ties go look at the track see what the expert/pros run and get those, If its a clay surface your probably want to go with a crossblock hoosier of if your on a budget the Tri-trac hoosier will last much longer. If its a Loose dirt (cushion) track you probably want to look at a nobbie such as the hoosier MX tire or Holeshot, Turf tamer something along those lines.