1-5 override trouble

472 supercub

472 Super. If its wanting to jump into gear when you start the bike and dont have the clutch pulled in it could be that either there is a spring on the shaft the forks go on missing. There should be a small spring between the shift fork and the case closest to the shift star. That little spring should be there. If you look on atvdragracers.com in the 2 stroke section you will see a write up I did on the duneable and the springs. If its not a duneable it will just have the farthest right little spring shown in the pics.

Here is the link.

http://forums.atvdragracers.com/topic/12383-duneable-override-spring-balance-and-adjustment/

Hope that helps. Radar

Edited by RadarRacing

472 Super. If its wanting to jump into gear when you start the bike and dont have the clutch pulled in it could be that either there is a spring on the shaft the forks go on missing. There should be a small spring between the shift fork and the case closest to the shift star. That little spring should be there. If you look on atvdragracers.com in the 2 stroke section you will see a write up I did on the duneable and the springs. If its not a duneable it will just have the farthest right little spring shown in the pics.

Here is the link.

http://forums.atvdragracers.com/topic/12383-duneable-override-spring-balance-and-adjustment/

Hope that helps. Radar

no its not a duneable i have the one single spring i may have put it on the wrong side

It should be on the side closest to the shift star. Opposite side and away from the sprocket. It could also be weak and or need stretched a lil but how it was explained to me that spring is what keeps that fork from trying to go in gear.

It should be on the side closest to the shift star. Opposite side and away from the sprocket. It could also be weak and or need stretched a lil but how it was explained to me that spring is what keeps that fork from trying to go in gear.

ok thanks tearing bike down today will find out soon thanks again

• 3 weeks later...