4mm stock cylinder build help

do you have proof the 110 rod is less reliable? I've talked to a lot of people that have ran both and no one has been able to see a difference.

No. Do you have proof that a 110 rod is just as reliable. If so you should call every long rod crank manufacturer and make sure that they know that they wasted alot of time and money to create a rod that is less prone to oval the cylinder bore or distort the exhaust side of the piston. I know a 110 might rev out a little quicker, but the 115 rod is just less cranking resistance, less prone to wear, and just all around better geometry. Also, is your 110 rod motor a stroker? Because

obviously a 110 rod can be pretty reliable, and typically they are. BUT, they are also usually in less radical motors. My stock stroke 110 rod big bore motor was together for years. For stock stroke it may not be much of a difference but in stroker motors it makes a difference on stress and fatigue. Notice motors with huge strokes have even longer rods then 115mm. You mentioned in another post that you wanted proof not an explanation on the physics and all that jazz, but that is the proof.

No. Do you have proof that a 110 rod is just as reliable. If so you should call every long rod crank manufacturer and make sure that they know that they wasted alot of time and money to create a rod that is less prone to oval the cylinder bore or distort the exhaust side of the piston. I know a 110 might rev out a little quicker, but the 115 rod is just less cranking resistance, less prone to wear, and just all around better geometry. Also, is your 110 rod motor a stroker? Because

obviously a 110 rod can be pretty reliable, and typically they are. BUT, they are also usually in less radical motors. My stock stroke 110 rod big bore motor was together for years. For stock stroke it may not be much of a difference but in stroker motors it makes a difference on stress and fatigue. Notice motors with huge strokes have even longer rods then 115mm. You mentioned in another post that you wanted proof not an explanation on the physics and all that jazz, but that is the proof.

yeah I have a 4 mil. If you can prove it then I'm all for it, when my motor goes I'll swap it out. But I've heard a lit of second and third hand info. I realize what I said and you're right, so if someone can show me cylinders side by side or break it down using geometry and stuff then I'd like to see it. You mention manufacturers, if the 110 was such a problem wouldn't they stop making it and only sell the 115? so if someone can give me good reliable info then I'm all ears. Until then, I'm not believing it's gonna wear wrong of faster or oval cylinders.

yeah I have a 4 mil. If you can prove it then I'm all for it, when my motor goes I'll swap it out. But I've heard a lit of second and third hand info. I realize what I said and you're right, so if someone can show me cylinders side by side or break it down using geometry and stuff then I'd like to see it. You mention manufacturers, if the 110 was such a problem wouldn't they stop making it and only sell the 115? so if someone can give me good reliable info then I'm all ears. Until then, I'm not believing it's gonna wear wrong of faster or oval cylinders.

i believe the 110 will allow you to use regular pistons, which would be one reason to continue making it. the longer the rod the less angle it has to run at, the idea being to put the least amount of sidward push and the most amount of up and down push on the piston as physically possible. the difference is probably not enough to matter to most people but the guys wanting to build the longest lasting most efficient engine will choose the 115. think of it this way., a thompson machine gun will spray bullets just fine,a m16 does the same thing with more accuracy. this only my opinion and ive been wrong many times.

i believe the 110 will allow you to use regular pistons, which would be one reason to continue making it. the longer the rod the less angle it has to run at, the idea being to put the least amount of sidward push and the most amount of up and down push on the piston as physically possible. the difference is probably not enough to matter to most people but the guys wanting to build the longest lasting most efficient engine will choose the 115. think of it this way., a thompson machine gun will spray bullets just fine,a m16 does the same thing with more accuracy. this only my opinion and ive been wrong many times.

Teuche'

The concept makes perfect sense, but was it just someone over thinking this and started throwing the idea out there or what. I'm not trying to argue any is better, I want to know for my own sake.