elevation change jetting question

2001 banshee, fmf sst/turbine core 2 pipes, v3 reeds, pod k&n filters, stock mikuni 26mm carbs, 32:1 mix ratio, 91-93 octane.

im running 300 mains, 27.5 pilots, stock needle third postion(MIDDLE), 1.5 turns out on air screw and it runs great at 2000 ft elevation 80-100 degress out, i will be going to coral pink sand dunes in utah which is 6000 ft elevation 70-90 temp, for the 4th and 5th of july, should i rejet or leave it as is, what would you guys recommend.

ya you may be a lil rich better safe then sorry i go from salt lake 4200 to little sahara utah 5000 feet and i dont have to change anything. but i have 290s in thinkin 300 in vegas is lean?

it may be, i just recently got it running and it seemed to run fine, plently of power, was gonna do a plug chop to verify and noticed the intakes were tore were the stupid boost bottle connects so i knew it could of thrown some things off, so i ordered new UPP intakes and the factory crossover tube thing so it wont happen again. im going up there to meet a buddy with his banshee and he wants to race. almost identical setup minus he has boyseen rad valves instead of v3's. just wanna make sure it wont bog out or anything

At 2000' and 70*-90* you should be running 25 pilots, needles on middle clip and 270-280 mains.

Every 2000' you should drop 1 size on the main.

So for 6000' you should run 250-260 mains.

Your torn intake manifolds were giving you an air leak and causing you to have to jet fatter than necessary.

I have T5's and pods but the rest is stock and at sea level with 70* temps I run 27.5 pilots, needle middle clip and 290 mains.

I ran 10 gallons of 91 mixed 40:1 and my plugs looked chocolate brown and dry...

At 2000' and 70*-90* you should be running 25 pilots, needles on middle clip and 270-280 mains.

Every 2000' you should drop 1 size on the main.

So for 6000' you should run 250-260 mains.

Your torn intake manifolds were giving you an air leak and causing you to have to jet fatter than necessary.

I have T5's and pods but the rest is stock and at sea level with 70* temps I run 27.5 pilots, needle middle clip and 290 mains.

I ran 10 gallons of 91 mixed 40:1 and my plugs looked chocolate brown and dry...

with 25 pilots it had not power and surged alot from idle to about 1/4 throttle, i was told with pipes and pod filters i should run 27.5, and it had 280 mains before and the plugs were white, but then again it did have that air leak in the manifolds, i should be getting the new manifolds saturday, and ill get new plugs and go from there and get a new baseline for las vegas weather and elevation

Edited by 01shee350

The new intakes should clear that up for you.

Do you still have the TORS on the stock carbs?

Syncing the carbs helps a ton with how crisp the motor runs too.

Also an adjustable timing plate set to +4* will give you the edge over your buddy.

The new intakes should clear that up for you.

Do you still have the TORS on the stock carbs?

Syncing the carbs helps a ton with how crisp the motor runs too.

Also an adjustable timing plate set to +4* will give you the edge over your buddy.

no TORS, has twist throttle, i tried sync'n them but i think the cable has stretched or something i can get them right, i think one side of the cable is longer than the other if thats possible, i posted in the repair and mods section on that, ya timing plate is a must soon when i get some extra cash, this banshee has cost me alot so far, paid $1700 and have put $900 into it. 350 of that was v3 reeds and pod k&n filters tho.

Edited by 01shee350

no TORS, has twist throttle, i tried sync'n them but i think the cable has stretched or something i can get them right, i think one side of the cable is longer than the other if thats possible, i posted in the repair and mods section on that, ya timing plate is a must soon when i get some extra cash, this banshee has cost me alot so far, paid $1700 and have put $900 into it. 350 of that was v3 reeds and pod k&n filters tho.

Ge that throttle cable sorted out.

Without syncing the carbs your banshee will run sub-par... guaranteed.

I have a brand new timing plate for sale.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=75

Just like the one above.

$45 shipped and it's yours.