What size carbs ?

Abe

. My bike has stock stroke, t5 pipes, really good clean up port job on 65mm cylinders, and pro flow setup in air box with vented lid. I already have a set of 35mm pwk carbs and would like to use them but have a feeling they are way too big. What do you guys think and any suggestions

Way too much Carb, but like ^^^ said, you'll lose bottom-end but might gain a little mid and top.

Stock carbs w/K&N's, 91 pump, +4* timing, T5's and a HJR Dune Port have been dyno'd just a touch over 65whp.

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/files/Alec1.bmp

Plus you will also need larger intake manifolds to run the 35mm PWK's.

thanks for the info guys looks like the 35s are up for trade to a nice set of 28mm

keep the 35's and try them!! with your motor combo your not gonna feel a huge difference with any carb!! you will end up doing work to the banshee down the road and will need the bigger carbs!! trust me!! try them out!! they will work just fine!! if you feel that you lost to much bottom(witch i personally dont think it will hurt it that much)run the factory carbs untill you go bigger on the motor!!

If you do choose to run the 35 PWK's, you better get yourself versed on tuning.

Get a carb sync tool from FAST and a cheap ebay tachometer.

Open up those 35's and find out what jets and needles you have in there already.

Do you have an intake manifold to run the 35's?

yea i have pro design intakes but im gonna have to get sum new boots due to the old ones being cracked, also the carbs have factory jets and needles now, DEK needle-160 main-48 pilot i believe is the setup. have any suggestions for starting jet sizes

yea i have pro design intakes but im gonna have to get sum new boots due to the old ones being cracked, also the carbs have factory jets and needles now, DEK needle-160 main-48 pilot i believe is the setup. have any suggestions for starting jet sizes

Your best bet is calling jeff at fast to order the jets and needle!! He will get you real close on the jet sizes!! Ypu'll just have to fine tune from there! The pwk35's are very easy to tune!!

Most people run CEL needles.

The 48 pilots sound good.

The 160 mains might be too big.

I would think 150's, but see what Jeff says.

FAST might even have the boots you need for your intakes too.

Remember, jetting is affected by humidity and air temp which when jetted correctly should be tunable by the air screw.

Elevation changes of 2000ft or more will always be the biggest factor in jetting.

Get the Sync Tool too!