St. Anthony Jetting

Hello, I am heading to St. Anthony Idaho at the end of the month and am looking for some rough jetting specs. Below are the specifics on my Banshee

Toomey T-5'S

No airbox running 2 k&n filters w/outerwears

Stock 28MM carbs

Cool Head

50/50 race fuel and 92 octane mixed 40:1 Redline

I believe St. Anthiony is about 5000' and the weather should be in the 80's.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

I am in Oregon also and I went a couple of years ago and all of our bikes I dropped one jet size and they ran great. I did play with the screws a bit while I was there.

What jets are in it now? Whats YOUR elevation???

I have yet to get the bowls off so I don't know. I am basically at sea level. When I get the jet sizes out I will post them.

I am in Oregon also and I went a couple of years ago and all of our bikes I dropped one jet size and they ran great. I did play with the screws a bit while I was there.

Ok, thanks!! by the way, was it worth the trip?

Been going there for a few years now. Pretty much same mods, exept I had a mild dune port, plus 4 timing, and ran 110 race fuel. My banshee liked a 25 pilot, 310 main, air screw 2 out. Hope you have a great time! :cheers::headbang:

What jets are in it now? Whats YOUR elevation???

Ok, I got the jets out and here is what I found out. I have Keihin PWK28MM carbs not stock like I thought. I was very happy to see how easy it was to change the main jets!!!!! Also, the jets in it now are 165's. I am jumping 5000' so I am thinking I drop two jet sizes. You guys agree? Also, do I need to mess with the needle clips? I would rather not if I don't need to but maybe I have to???...

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge to a newbie.

Mark

Yes it is worth the trip for sure!! We had a great time up till my buddy crashed and broke his elbow lol.

165 is kind of a big jet for your mods at our elevation. I would drop to a 155 or a 160 and you should be good to go.

Yes it is worth the trip for sure!! We had a great time up till my buddy crashed and broke his elbow lol.

165 is kind of a big jet for your mods at our elevation. I would drop to a 155 or a 160 and you should be good to go.

It seemes to run good. The plugs look good as well. Last weekend was actually my first time on the bike. The guy I bought it from took it to Cascade and had them do a bunch of stuff to it. The frustrating part is, he can't tell me what was done and neither can Cascade............ So I could have a few more internal mods that I don't know about. I do know Cascade set up the jetting for him.

Do you think I need to mess with the pilot jet or needle clip? Thank you very much for your input.

When I went I dropped one jet size on all of the banshees in our group and I ended up dropping my neddle one clip once I got there becasue mine was kind of bogging out of the hole a little bit but if I would have just gone done one more size on my main I would not have had to do that. I would say put a 155 main in it and it will run great over there. You happen to be making the trip with the Salem sand club?

When I went I dropped one jet size on all of the banshees in our group and I ended up dropping my neddle one clip once I got there becasue mine was kind of bogging out of the hole a little bit but if I would have just gone done one more size on my main I would not have had to do that. I would say put a 155 main in it and it will run great over there. You happen to be making the trip with the Salem sand club?

Thanks, I am going to purchase 155's and 160's and go from there. Actually, my whole family is going. I was not aware of a group from Salem going??.. When are they going to be there? Are you going? I am from Eugene and we are heading over the week of June 25th - 29th. I was very pleased to see how easy changing jets in that bike is!!! The only other one I have jetted had stock carbs.

Ya if you buy both and put the 155's in it then you will have the other ones along with you just in case you need them. If you give Cameron at Redline a call he keeps the jets in stock and he will either ship them to you or you can run to Sweet Home and pick them up.

No I am not going again this year. I wish I was but can not swing it right now with all the other trips we have planned. I am not sure when the Salem sand club is going but I know it is coming up soon.

Ya if you buy both and put the 155's in it then you will have the other ones along with you just in case you need them. If you give Cameron at Redline a call he keeps the jets in stock and he will either ship them to you or you can run to Sweet Home and pick them up.

No I am not going again this year. I wish I was but can not swing it right now with all the other trips we have planned. I am not sure when the Salem sand club is going but I know it is coming up soon.

Cool, thanks. I will call Cameron. See you sometime at the Oregon Dunes!

What I always do is run around when I get somewhere. Then see how it does. Make changes till it runs the best and the plugs look good. I came from Illinois few months back to Boise. Was thinkin I would be dropping my jetting on everything. Took my kids blaster out for a couple rides now and it runs and looks great. I did the deal in Illinois where I jetted till it started gagging then came down a size or two till it cleaned up. That's a nice safe way to do it if your gonna be play riding and not needing every last hp.

Those 165s sound big to me too. My 421 drag ported cub has 39s and runs right around there. It's prob a lil more efficient than your is though. That makes a difference.

Have fun over there. I have yet to make the trip over since I moved here. Went a few years ago and had a blast though. Big ass hills and lots of em.

Edited by dave5.0