FMF Gnarly Pipes

I just bought a Banshee that has FMF Gnarly pipes on it. Now this bike has a 4mm crank and an aggressive dune port/race fuel head big ol carbs. So in my mind it is stupid to keep these pipes on here correct? Would I see a huge gain with Shearers? Now whats the value on a set of Gnarly pipes with silencers, all in great shape? I do some trail riding some pit riding...but i ride hard either wot or no throttle. If these Gnarlys are really choking it down i'll ditch em in a heartbeat.

Thanks a lot

Kyle

Edited by kessig4x4

Gnarlys are supposed to be a low end pipe I think. So with a dune ported 4 mil yeah it's probably holding you back a little. I've never ran shearers but they have proven them selves from the sounds of it. I'd probably ask about $200-$275 depending how nice the pipes are. I could be wrong though.

mine came with some gnarlys and pj 34mm carbs with a mild port.you will pick up some more mid to top with another set of pipes but if you trail ride youll miss the low end.most people "think" they need top end when a good low to mid motor will have you faster point a to b.Now we all know a banshee is the most fun up top and thats where its at BUT thats not the easiest to ride in woods.So if you do pick up another set of pipes youll prolly see bigger gains.I may put my gnarlys back on cuz they r almost new and nice and shiny.i had some old fmf gold series from yrs ago i threw on for riding.They have more top end but i think the gnarlys "HIT" more in the middle.sorry for ramblin.. :cheers:

I think pro circuit is a great pipe for trail riding. They come on low enough that you don't have to be on the clutch all the time but still pull pretty good right to the top.

I think pro circuit is a great pipe for trail riding. They come on low enough that you don't have to be on the clutch all the time but still pull pretty good right to the top.

i agree.pc will be my next pipe ...again.i liked the pc better than my t5s i had on my last banshee.If you like max hp up top get t5s,but since i dont ride dynos i

like the other options suchs as pcs.. :jesterlaugh:

You will definitely gain some top end goin go shearers or any other drag style pipe. It would be fun to ride but different. You'll lose a bunch of low end. May not be a big deal, depending how aggressive you ride. I did it goin from PCs to Vitos and it was a big difference. I might be interested in those fmfs if you part with em. Maybe have some stuff to trade or cash. Depends what you want for them.

You will definitely gain some top end goin go shearers or any other drag style pipe. It would be fun to ride but different. You'll lose a bunch of low end. May not be a big deal, depending how aggressive you ride. I did it goin from PCs to Vitos and it was a big difference. I might be interested in those fmfs if you part with em. Maybe have some stuff to trade or cash. Depends what you want for them.

Okay i won a set of CPIs off ebay for a half the price. I'm going to save after them and get a set of new Shearers if i like the drag pipes. I'm going to decide the day i get/put the CPIs on whether i will keep the FMF's or sell them. I'm definately an aggressive rider so i believe i willl end up hanging onto the CPIs and sell the Gnarly's. Let me know what you have to trade. in a PM or something, if nothing catches my eye ill figure a price out.

Okay i won a set of CPIs off ebay for a half the price. I'm going to save after them and get a set of new Shearers if i like the drag pipes. I'm going to decide the day i get/put the CPIs on whether i will keep the FMF's or sell them. I'm definately an aggressive rider so i believe i willl end up hanging onto the CPIs and sell the Gnarly's. Let me know what you have to trade. in a PM or something, if nothing catches my eye ill figure a price out.

Ya you'll prob like the way it runs with those cpis on it. Other than they look like chrome milk jugs hangin on your bike, they're pretty good. Make sure and space em out so they don't rub on the head and crack. That's pretty common.

I'll have to go through my stash and see if I have anything worth a crap to trade.