best bang for your buck

banlee

alright so the stock isn't working for me any more! haha i just need a better set up. i ride mainly trail with a little bit of sand. but im on a tight budget right now. so i guess what im asking is what is the best set up on a low budget?

How about you tell us what's on the bike now.

If you're totally stock, then I'd start with the following:

Used set of either Toomey T5's or Pro Circuit Pipe Set.

Send your stock Reed cages to Wildcard Racing. For $50 they will port them and install Boysen Dual Stage Reeds.

Get a K&N w/Outerwear in your Airbox and remove the lid.

Eliminate TORS, clean out your Carbs and install a new larger main jet that is now needed after installing the pipes.

For example, with K&N Pod Filters, my Toomey T5's like 290 main jets at sea level in 65* weather.

Get an adjustable timing plate and advance the ignition to +4*.

That should blow your hair back for a little while.

Send your stock Reed cages to Wildcard Racing. For $50 they will port them and install Boysen Dual Stage Reeds.

Eliminate TORS, clean out your Carbs and install a new larger main jet that is now needed after installing the pipes.

For example, with K&N Pod Filters, my Toomey T5's like 290 main jets at sea level in 65* weather.

Good info but this is in the suspension section.. So I was under the impression he was talking about his shocks. Either way, these are good ideas on things he could do. :cheers:

i have t5s

over sized carbs

no air box with k&t air filters with sleeves

v-force 3 reeds

new top end with what i think to be a 4 mill kit (the guy i bought it from did all the work. how do you tell?)

and with the timing plate, how do i go about get one of those?

Get extended a arms.. Looks for any aftermarket shock that is ment for a banshee... Buy cheap and have them rebuild and re-valved for yourself, or buy new..

Get a gforce/tusk axle, then adjust your rear shock correctly. Your bike will be night and day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rebuild, revalve and respring your stock rear shock. Look for some good +2+1 front arms and then start hunting down some shocks. I had the cheap dual rate works steelers and they are a complete waste of money if you plan on jumping anything. Elka stage 3s are where I'd start as far as shocks go. If you can afford more, then look into the Fox Float Evols.