Just finished my yfz conversion

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen homes. Im not hatin on your project. You posted up pics for opinions or whatever and Im just sayin it looks a little hacky. Your motor mounts look like shit. Whatever is welded behind the motor looks like shit. Just my opinion. Maybe your motor mounts are sturdy. To me they dont look like it. I never did a YFZ convo so my opinion is worthless. But i can fabricate so what I see looks like shit. Not tryin to rain on your parade but ive seen a lot better. Spend some more time on your mounts and I will bow down to ya. :cheers:

when u say "I will post more pictures" im assuming you learned photobucket now? lol

going to add a lil feed back too while im at it. D&B, i kinda agree with you, the guy isnt a master fabricator. more than likely, he dosnt have the proper tools to make the correct motor mounts. although i think he did a good job, his welding isnt the prettiest and he weldeded mild steel to chormoly. i personally dont think mild steel belongs in any atv application.

dont take it personal jaylow, think of it as constructive criticism. fabrication takes practice, your project wasnt a bolt on and go and for that i congratulate u.

Edited by NickisGod

yea I have the stock yfz lights... just wanted it to look different with the banshee lights.... my motor is running at about 209 F is that about right? I have the little line that comes out of the head plumbed into the top radiator hose along with the temp gauge.. should that little line have its own plug into the radiator? I am using the YFZ radiator. let me know what you guys think.. Im new to the banshee motor but so far like it

when u say "I will post more pictures" im assuming you learned photobucket now? lol

going to add a lil feed back too while im at it. D&B, i kinda agree with you, the guy isnt a master fabricator. more than likely, he dosnt have the proper tools to make the correct motor mounts. although i think he did a good job, his welding isnt the prettiest and he weldeded mild steel to chormoly. i personally dont think mild steel belongs in any atv application.

dont take it personal jaylow, think of it as constructive criticism. fabrication takes practice, your project wasnt a bolt on and go and for that i congratulate u.

I applaud Jaylow for taking on the project and yes, take it as constructive criticism and not bashing. Hey, some of my first projects when I was younger were more then hacky. It took time and experience. If your happy with the way it looks, dont worry about what I or anyone else says. But hit the welds with a flap wheel or sanding discs for a 4" grinder and spruce it up a little. All I was tryin to say. :cheers: