+2 or +1 Arms? Can Anyone Post Pics Of Their Arms?

bansh_88

I am looking to gain some width on my Banshee and am debating whether I should go with either +2 or +1 wider arms up front. I am definitely looking for better handling and stability, but at the same time, I dont want to go too wide if there isnt much of a difference (for the sake of occasionally trail-riding also).

So what I am wondering is, does anyone have experience driving Banshees with both sets of wider arms? Was there a major difference between +2 and +1 wider arms?

If there is a major advantage in handling with the +2 over the +1 width, I guess it would be worth it for me to go with the larger arms. But if not, then I'll go with the +1. If anyone has any experience with both widths, or have heard other opinions or feedback of both, I would be happy to hear it. Also, if anyone can post some front pics of their banshees with +2 or +1 arms installed (so that I can get a look at the width), that would be great! I may have seen a couple pics here of +2 arms in the past, but I dont think that I have ever seen anyone post pics of +1 arms on their Banshee. Any feedback and/or pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys.

Edited by bansh_88

Definitley there is a gain with going to +2+1 Arms. Bike will handle much better and be more stable while riding, but dont forget to get yourself some aftermarket shocks to go along with the arms. Here's a pic of my Alba Racing +2+1 Arms with Fox Float Evol shocks

87ff7c2a.jpg

12a289b9.jpg

Of your gunna trail ride a banshee you will need stock arms.... No larger, and if you plan on any power you will need a t least a +4 swinger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty its very seldom that I do any trail-riding, but I do once in a while. I ride mostly wide open areas going fast and hitting jumps, whoops, and berms. So I think I could use a little more width for better handling, but not too much. Thanks.

Definitley there is a gain with going to +2+1 Arms. Bike will handle much better and be more stable while riding, but dont forget to get yourself some aftermarket shocks to go along with the arms. Here's a pic of my Alba Racing +2+1 Arms with Fox Float Evol shocks

Can stock shocks be used with +2 or +1 arms? I was gonna keep my stock shocks temporarily and then buy something like YFZ450 shocks or Elka shocks later down the road. Thanks.

I run +3 +1 with 4-1 offset hyper wheels

-2 swing arm. 22" razr 2 up front with 20" in the rear.. I ride 90% trails. Never clipped a tree from being too wide.

����

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, thats pretty wide! I would bet it handles quite well. Probably takes quite a bit of skill maneuvering it in the trails I imagine. Thanks.

Thanks for the photos guys. :cheers:

Would be very interested in seeing pics of Banshees with +1 arms if anyone has them. Thanks.

Edited by bansh_88

Thanks again guys, your input and photos are greatly appreciated.

I have often heard that the Banshee is not exactly the best handling ATV out there and am wondering if this is due mostly to it having a rather narrow width. Would the addition of +2 arms be enough to extinguish such claims, or does the Banshee require much more handling upgrades? I am not talking about MX grade handling, but rather just your average sport riding and casual 'play-racing' on a mild backyard track just for fun. Say for instance if Yamaha were to have offered the Banshee with +2 arms from the factory, does anyone think that this upgrade alone would be enough to silence the claims of the Banshees ill-handling concerns? Very curious of how much the width alone plays in the Banshees ill-handling claims. Thanks!

Even with +2 as the banshee won't come close to any of the new 450's in handling. The bad handling on the Banshee comes from a poor frame design. If you look at the new 450's you will notice the a-arms attatch to the frame a lot closer together. This is the main reason for the poor handling.

I've got +1 arms on my quad and do nothing but trail ride. My front end is about 45.5" wide. To be honest I wish I had +2 arms. Ive never once had a problem with being to wide to fit through trees. Most 4x4 quads around here are closer to 48" so as long as I am under that I should be more then fine.

I've got some pictures somewhere I will try and dig up for you.

Edited by stokes77