Dumb ball joint question

First off I recognize the stupidity of this question, but what is the best way to test ball joints to see if they need to replaced? My front end is apart and I can easily push the lower left ball joint and it springs back into place. The other 3 have a decent amount of resistance in them.

You can look for excessive play in the joint, or if the boots are badly torn. If the boots are torn I would usually replace them because that can cause dirt and moisture to seep in causing them to wear pretty rapidly. I would hate for a ball joint to come apart at high speed due to a bad judgment call.

What these guys at trying to say is that if your already questioning the integrity of one of your ball joints as you stated earlier......then you have some stuff to buy.

Not to mention the 2nd worst feeling while riding (first is when your laying on your ass and the bike it parked in a tree) is trying to ride while your questioning parts. Way better of a ride if you replace the parts in question and let the peace of mind help you with the ride.