Kick starting

What's the best way to kickstart a banshee? When it's cold I pull the choke but do I hit the throttle? Does my idle setting have any thing to do with how it will start without hitting the throttle? I know my idle was a lil set a lol high

I pull choke all way out and whack throttle once. only go to about 1/4 though.

The Plugs look ok to me after kicking over alot, I figured they would be sloppy but they were barly wet. It's got fmf gold series with fattys, proflow billet air intake, air box with no lid, boost bottle,the not sure about the reeds they are black you can't see threw them and they look to be carbon fiber, sea leval, 290 mains, 27.5 pilots and air screw 2 turns out at the moment gonna turn th back to 1.5 and see how she runs. I do have a issue with it leaking gas out the overflow hoses at the bottom of the carbs when done ridin it I have to shut the gas off or it will drop. Oh and it's not bored out stock piston/ head

On your carbs there is an air screw. Small gold left side of the carbs. On the left carb turn that screw in until it lightly seats (snug, dont tighten). While your screwing this in count the turns, normally this is done in quarters. Ideally you would like to be between 1-1 1/2 turns out.

Depending on mods, your pilot jet could be too small. You can compensate this with the air screw.

This will cause the bike to start hard when cold. You must adjust both carbs the same. I recommend counting the turns out and setting the carbs 1/2 turn in.

Adam

The Plugs look ok to me after kicking over alot, I figured they would be sloppy but they were barly wet. It's got fmf gold series with fattys, proflow billet air intake, air box with no lid, boost bottle,the not sure about the reeds they are black you can't see threw them and they look to be carbon fiber, sea leval, 290 mains, 27.5 pilots and air screw 2 turns out at the moment gonna turn th back to 1.5 and see how she runs. I do have a issue with it leaking gas out the overflow hoses at the bottom of the carbs when done ridin it I have to shut the gas off or it will drop. Oh and it's not bored out stock piston/ head

On your carbs there is an air screw. Small gold left side of the carbs. On the left carb turn that screw in until it lightly seats (snug, dont tighten). While your screwing this in count the turns, normally this is done in quarters. Ideally you would like to be between 1-1 1/2 turns out.

Depending on mods, your pilot jet could be too small. You can compensate this with the air screw.

This will cause the bike to start hard when cold. You must adjust both carbs the same. I recommend counting the turns out and setting the carbs 1/2 turn in.

Adam

Sound like your jetting is very close to spot on. My old set up was very close to the same as yours. I was 300 on the mains with 27.5 on the pilots. But I was about 1 to 1 1/4 turns out on the air screws. So if the plugs are not wet I would do like POW said & turn in the air screws about a 1/2 to 3/4 and try that. Good luck & keep us posted.

:cheers:

Thanks bud, I went out today pulled the choke kicked it a few times without hitting the throttle,then I think I let off the choke and kicked it a couple more and it fired up drove it about 6 miles around town, ran awesome, came back let it idle, idle mite be alil high not sure if that effects how it starts or runs but it idles great. Shut it down and 1 kick it will start every time when warm. I still gotta do my comp test but I'm going out and adjust the air screws like u said and see what that does when it's cold was u near sea leval also?