single 35 pwk very rich

Okay I have a single 35mm kehin pwk. This thing smokes a lot! runs very rich. I currently have a 178 main, 2nd clip down on a dek needle, and a 35 pilot jet! It has an open air box, with dmc pipes with the 2 into one silencer. Adlai has boyeson dual stage power reeds. The thing won't idle, and fouls plugs, the mid rage and top end RPMs run fairly well but it's the lower RPMs that run very rich. I also can't get anything lower than a 35 pilot from the dealer. it also has a boyeson float bowl.

If your running a two into one carb and a two into one exaust it wont work right their has been a few people

With the same problem.I have the two into carb with t5 pipes and mine runs excellent

Dek needle middle clip 52 pilot 190 main fuel/air screw 11/4 turns out.

This jetting is perfect on my bike as i had it dyno jetted.

Is the slide bottoming out when your off the throttle? Or is the idle screw holding it up some?

Are your floats set correctly?

With no porting or major mods, you might need a smaller main. I know the main isn't part of the low end jetting...but if it's FAT on the top end....it's just getting wet in the cases and might take a lot to lean it down at idle.

Timing?

:shrugani:

Timing should be stock, I orderered a new idle screw, I think that the one on it its messed up (plastic). I well check the floats tonight, didn't think that they were off because it doesn't leak GAs at all.

Timing should be stock, I orderered a new idle screw, I think that the one on it its messed up (plastic). I well check the floats tonight, didn't think that they were off because it doesn't leak GAs at all.

If the fuel is higher than designed to be....the fuel will pull into and thru the jets too easy, making the carb flow more fuel than it would if the fuel was lower in the bowls. (Like drinking that last sip from your coke with a straw takes more effort and time than the first.)

Thanks for the replies, I'm down to a 165 main. Once I

get my shocks redone I'll burn off that excess fuel. I'm fairly certain I have it figured out. I also put a 45 pilot in it. Hopefully that will do the trick.

My 2-1 was 58/170 EEK needle, one of the problems I found between two bikes, one being a friends, was that I had an airbox and this caused the bike to be Rich. you might want to try switching to a pod, I sold my buddy my airbox adapter and with the same jetting on his that ran perfect it was fucking up and too rich.

Food for thought.

Adam