Mattoon mfg stator covers

ticktock

i really like mattoon's product, but unless you really don't care about quality i wouldn't buy one of those stator covers. it has a very thin cheap backing plate and will bend easily and is almost impossible to polish.

I didn't know they were thin. I just figured it was cheap and there was 3 options. You can get the whole kit for 189$! Still a good deal.

Thank for your input on the product rather see guys get the quality they want.

Adam

They are meant to be light weight. READ THE ADD... Just buy the next one up, its got a heavy duty backing plate. For the drag guys who want the pretty stuff with as little weight as possible its a good option.

Your right, just left their website, glad that was cleared up.

i bought the cheaper unpolished one and it is fine. i shined it up a bit but not up to a polishers standards lol. for the money it looks good and is holding up well so far. i will say tho to anyone who gets one make sure you tighten the 3 bolts that hold the sprocket cover part on. i assumed they were all tight and they rattled out and i had to buy a new sprocket cover

i bought the cheaper unpolished one and it is fine. i shined it up a bit but not up to a polishers standards lol. for the money it looks good and is holding up well so far. i will say tho to anyone who gets one make sure you tighten the 3 bolts that hold the sprocket cover part on. i assumed they were all tight and they rattled out and i had to buy a new sprocket cover

you're not the only one... i purchased one for a customer and he called me the next day saying it rattled apart. i ate the 20 bucks for a new one.... i also destroyed a backing plate polishing one for a customer.