Right side not fireing at high RPMs

Alright. So 2 weeks ago at the dunes started having this problem. My right side would not fire at the higher rpms, and not even get into the power. Brought it home been messing with it ever sense. Carbs cleaned, swapped wires, checked coil and pick up, comp 140 both sides. Every thing checked out fine. So today i tear into it some more threw some new plugs in checked the pick up and all that again. Seemed fine. Pulled the stator cover and like 3 water drops came out but that was it. Started it and rode it runs fine now both cyl firing. So my question is would ya think that the lil bit of moisture was causing that or do i need to keep digging? Also a thought maybe i was to rich and keep fouling that plug?

plugs after 15 mins when it wasn't running right dark one being the side not firing? Any input would be awesome!

IMG_20120504_172352.jpg

i had a high end miss with my 4 mil ported engine. i replaced the spark plug caps with new ones. mine was actually having a rev limiter type effect at high rpms. $6 for new plug caps fixed my problem. you might wanna consider it. its very cheap and easy and hey if that doesnt fix it thats one thing out of the many that could be causing the problem. i thought my caps were tight but apparentaly not.... i also was having the same plug readings with one looking good and the other not. have you done a leak down test recently?

Edited by bluebanshee98

ya but if it was plug caps would swapping wires move it to the other side? And no on the leak down. nick pick ups are clean tested stator,

well if you have a air leak on one side swaping caps wont do crap. do a leakdown test. doesnt hurt to know if you have a leak. have you tested the coil? how about the plug caps or wires? anyone near you that can swap out a working cdi or coil? work with the small things first that cost the least expensive and then work your way up. process of elimination my friend

i have read awhile ago that sometimes coils ect can test out ok but really not be good. this might not be your problem but im just throwing it out there. you should buy a leakdown tester from poolman if you do not have one. its not expensive and a great tool to have around. if your problem went away for a few minutes and came back then something is def shitting the bed and not working correctly

i had the same problem awhile ago i tried everything jetting down swapping parts i tried a different set of carbs off a buddies bike and it work great. so i kept cleaning the shit outta mine and finally got them right again never did find what it was or where in the carb but it came out..

I just had the same problem, It would run all day long at idle, or low rpm, But the second i gave it anything over half throttle, the right cyl would go dead.

Ended up being low compression on my right side due to worn out rings. Which is expected for a motor that lasted 14 years with out being rebuilt. haha

Factory ring gap is .009-.0011'', Mine were well over .030'' lmao.