Possible Jetting Issue

I am sure this has been covered many times but it has been hard to find a specific answer so I figured I would post my own issue.

I recently purchased a 98 Banshee that is basically stock outside of Fatty Gold Series pipes. The machine had sat for a while so I rebuilt the carbs for general upkeep purposes and I used a stock rebuild kit on both carbs. Following the rebuild the machine will not idle without the choke on and instantly dies when I turn the choke off.

I did notice when I rebuilt the carbs that the main jet was a 280 and which I replaced with a stock 200 jet. Could this change be the reason the machine will not idle without the choke since it has aftermarket pipes?

Side note:

I adjusted the idle to a point it idled quite high with the choke on but it still died when I turned the choke off. I am in fear I could seize the piston if I am not careful. Also, I disconnected the TORS system due a malfunction that caused the motor to bog at half throttle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well I got the original (aftermarket) main jet and pilot in. I could not see what size the pilot was. Now the machine will idle fine with the choke on. When I turn the choke off it idles a little higher for a few seconds, then what sounds normal for a few seconds, and then it dies. Any ideas?

I have gone through a variety of air screw and idle adjustments. Seems to do the same thing no matter what I do.

Choke tube is connected. I placed the needle in the same spot as it was also. It seems like it isn't getting the gas it needs. The floats tested fine when I had the crabs apart. I am not real keen on how reeds work so I will probably check that next unless you guys have a better idea.

I will say this, I would like it to be running so I could ride but it has been fun messing with it. My wallet doesn't agree....

I unhooked the connecter that runs from the parking brake to the front of the frame behind the radiator.

You need to disconnect the TORS Brain Box.

When sitting on your bike, it's just under the front left mount of the fuel tank.