slight bog

i am currently running vf3,pj34 carbs, t-5s billet one piece intakes and pod filters. when i start the banshee up and let it idle ill hit in on the throttle all the way and it starts "burpppinggg" but if you hit the throttle not all at once its fine? i am geared 15/40. could that make it bog down when im pulling up hills?

So you are stabbing the throttle and it's dieing? Ya, lotta air, lotta turbulence. Try backing your air screw in some. How many turns are you out?

Bogging on long pulls, if your motor is not making the power it's prolly a few things, lean, rich. Hills are big, drop a front tooth? Motor needs more power!!

Adam

running vf3, billet intakes, pod filters, stock port, pj34 carbs 158 main, 48 piolet, and needle i dont know lol. gearing is 15/40 kinda tall, but it has the power to pull it. running t-5s as well. it sputters on top end like its hitting the rev limit and getting no power. slight bogs out of corners and 1/4 to 3/4 just putting around you have to give it a min to kick in.. one plug today is a brown color, kinda rich, and the other was lean? doesnt make sense to me.. running b8es plugs..

running vf3, billet intakes, pod filters, stock port, pj34 carbs 158 main, 48 piolet, and needle i dont know lol. gearing is 15/40 kinda tall, but it has the power to pull it. running t-5s as well. it sputters on top end like its hitting the rev limit and getting no power. slight bogs out of corners and 1/4 to 3/4 just putting around you have to give it a min to kick in.. one plug today is a brown color, kinda rich, and the other was lean? doesnt make sense to me.. running b8es plugs..

mine was having the same issue, high rpm rev limiter and my plugs were both different. you prob have a leak which is causing a lean reading on one plug. get a leakdown tester from poolman. its great insurance for a very small price. you might wanna replace the plug caps with new ones. they are very cheap. 6 bucks for mine and it cleaned up my rev limiter effect towards redline. hope this helps

mine was having the same issue, high rpm rev limiter and my plugs were both different. you prob have a leak which is causing a lean reading on one plug. get a leakdown tester from poolman. its great insurance for a very small price. you might wanna replace the plug caps with new ones. they are very cheap. 6 bucks for mine and it cleaned up my rev limiter effect towards redline. hope this helps

hmm i might do that. first ill sync my carbs, and try to get it tuned right.. i had to get a new air screw cause somehow one of mine fell out. so i had to retune both of them. and the weird part is the new air screw can be turned in a half more turn than the old one.i might just get another new air screw to even it out

hmm i might do that. first ill sync my carbs, and try to get it tuned right.. i had to get a new air screw cause somehow one of mine fell out. so i had to retune both of them. and the weird part is the new air screw can be turned in a half more turn than the old one.i might just get another new air screw to even it out

There is a small spring that fits in behind the air screws. Check to make sure its there.

Chances are, the screw fell out and so did the spring.

There is a small spring that fits in behind the air screws. Check to make sure its there.

Chances are, the screw fell out and so did the spring.

oh it is. i replaced one of my air screws and it came with a new spring lol. but it has more tension than the older air screw.. if i turn them both all of the way in, the new one can turn in one half of a more turn. mabey i need to replace both sides

Running those 34mm pj's on a stock port might be your problem all together, too much carb. If it's sputtering up top your getting too much fuel, throw a set of stock carbs on it until you get some port work done.

i have some dune port cylinders and a coolhead to send out. i just gotta save money lol. and the 15 front tooth is too much for my engine to pull i think haha

so, i synced my carbs, cleaned my filters, synced the idle circuit and turned the air screws all the way in and started over. they are about 2 or 2 and 3/4 turns out. i have a brown color plug. almost a tad dark cocoa color!! no more sputter on top either :)