trash top end

So if you just keep it stock with bolt ons the motor will last that much longer??? When mine was stock i bet it had over 500 hours on it

Yep and a whopping 36-38 HP.

Everyone has a different need for their machine. If you like how it runs and don't want to join the HP chase.......stick with the way it is.

It's like my kids Raptor 80's those will survive long enough for my kids future children to ride.

Keep it stock and you'll get 500+ hours on a piston as well as your clutch. Plus you can get away with only changing tranny fluid every other year/decade. LOL

But if your going to move into the 60+HP club....your going to be replacing parts and choosing not to replace them with stock stuff.

We had a bone stock banshee with a fresh top end on the dyno last year. We dropped one jet size from factory and pulled a top HP number of 39. (highest stock I've ever heard of.)

Then he put Pro circuits on it and we took it to the dunes. I got to take it for a spin. :rolleyes: 12 gear changes later I dropped it back off. Felt like a stock blaster compared to our 60-100 HP machines.

But he had fun all day and that's all that matters.

HP is like SEX.

Once you make it to home plate....your never going to be happy with just feeling somebody up. LOL.

I would imagine I'm pushing 50 with mods no? But yeah like I said we do a lot of woods and coal strippins and since the wife and the kid I don't go after the monster hills anymore...I also like the fuel mileage of it semi modded...

But anyway.....

Real cause of the wiped out top end was the milling of the head was too much and had the squish point at thirteen thousandths...obviously we all know that is way to low...I did not know a lot about the squish point but with some research I have a pretty good grip in it now...

I guess this is how we learn....

Thank you all for your help..much appreciated!

I would imagine I'm pushing 50 with mods no? But yeah like I said we do a lot of woods and coal strippins and since the wife and the kid I don't go after the monster hills anymore...I also like the fuel mileage of it semi modded...

But anyway.....

Real cause of the wiped out top end was the milling of the head was too much and had the squish point at thirteen thousandths...obviously we all know that is way to low...I did not know a lot about the squish point but with some research I have a pretty good grip in it now...

I guess this is how we learn....

Thank you all for your help..much appreciated!

That blows, sorry mate.

I think NOW is a good time for a 4mil :cheers:

That blows, sorry mate.

I think NOW is a good time for a 4mil :cheers:

He wants 7+ years on a piston and good gas mileage. Not every build has to be about adding HP. A 4 mill won't fit his needs. He's looking for supreme reliability as the #1 feature.