4 Mil Stroked Stock Cylinder Setup v/s 4 Mil Cub Setup

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some riding this weekend got the chance to chat with a guy that had a 4 mill cub motor on his bike. Anyway he said that he liked the 4 mill cub motor for drag reaching and that was about it. He said that cub motors are not trail friendly at all. He also added it performed well on sand.

Thats where I ride, drag and sand.

Sorry if this has been discussed before and if someone has a saved link, please feel free to pass it along. Anyway, I know a lot of people are running Hot Rod Cranks but there are other companies making cranks as well. I have search everywhere (that I know of) trying to find what is the difference. Such as which company does a good job welding their cranks or which company does a better job trueing their cranks etc.

Can someone give me some information or experiece they have had with cranks and why do you think the cranks made by company A is better than the cranks made by company B

I run a hot rods but had extra weld put to it and had the max load bearings put on it as well. I think its safe to say most the site builders can put a better weld then the factory weld on these aftermarket cranks. I think its also worth it to have them checked for true as well. I've herd of some being off from factory. Jmo. Some have luck with cheap cranks some don't.

I run a hot rods but had extra weld put to it and had the max load bearings put on it as well. I think its safe to say most the site builders can put a better weld then the factory weld on these aftermarket cranks. I think its also worth it to have them checked for true as well. I've herd of some being off from factory. Jmo. Some have luck with cheap cranks some don't.

Ok, well seems as if Hot Rod Cranks are the way to go and everyone is vouching for them, so might as well jump on the band wagon. What type of port job do you have and what type of HP's are you getting?