are Vforce reeds really worth the money?

I've got a decent little high 60's hp shee for now... just looking to try out a few other things... running fmf fatty pipes.. so obviously im gonna change pipes probably go with Shearer.. but do reeds really do much besides a little throttle response?

i've got my option of vf2 and vf3 of course with the 2's being half the price..

In my opinion I have not seen a gain in running them. I have ran VF2's and VF3's, currently I am running stock cages with carbon fiber reeds and have noticed now difference in the way my bike runs and throttle response is the same. But if you got extra money for V-Force reeds then buy them, you want lose by owning a set.

1. I just sold a set of vf2 for 170 on ebay. There not half the price there very desirable from the drag crowd.

2. There not worth it. Noticable difference maybe but not totally worth 200. Jmo.

exactly what i wanted to know.... i;ve got the port job and everything done.. just looking for a little extra go.... but if that dont do it much then i dont need it lol

exactly what i wanted to know.... i;ve got the port job and everything done.. just looking for a little extra go.... but if that dont do it much then i dont need it lol

My vf reeds crapped out twice on me. I threw stockers with boysen reeds on. Can't tell the difference.

I've got a decent little high 60's hp shee for now... just looking to try out a few other things... running fmf fatty pipes.. so obviously im gonna change pipes probably go with Shearer.. but do reeds really do much besides a little throttle response?

i've got my option of vf2 and vf3 of course with the 2's being half the price..

the vforce 2 reed is the best flowing reed for any size engine... i put the best parts money can buy on my bikes and if you can get the 2's cheaper it would be a no brainer to me

I dont want to say they dont work but the best you can hope for is a little throttle response. I you were buying them to hope they made your quad faster you would be wasting your money.

different pipes and carbs is like a grand, that is a huge price difference from 200 dollar reeds. i bought a beautiful set of VF2's from special blend for like 100-150 if i recall correctly. totally worth it IMO and i def feel a difference in throttle response and some power. If you are looking for a much bigger difference than yes go with different pipes and carbs and what not. But 97_banshee said he is looking for a little more umph. :confused:

different pipes and carbs is like a grand, that is a huge price difference from 200 dollar reeds. i bought a beautiful set of VF2's from special blend for like 100-150 if i recall correctly. totally worth it IMO and i def feel a difference in throttle response and some power. If you are looking for a much bigger difference than yes go with different pipes and carbs and what not. But 97_banshee said he is looking for a little more umph. :confused:

pipes i intend to get some shearer or cpi.... whichever i can find thats not an arm and a leg first lol and for carbs i have 28 pwks guess i could have said that

pipes i intend to get some shearer or cpi.... whichever i can find thats not an arm and a leg first lol and for carbs i have 28 pwks guess i could have said that

Ok, well you got a lot of different opinios on this one for sure. are you running stock reeds right now? if so, personally i would go with some VF reeds, I think it would compliment your mods nicely. But thats JMO