Shift shaft recommendation

Dave G

My shee has been periodically hard to shift. Sometimes it will simply fall right into gear, and sometimes, with multiple lever pulls, it wont. Today, I was riding and lost all ability to shift. I was stuck in 2nd, and that was it. She shift lever felt all messed up, so I pulled the clutch case. The shifter claw had somehow twisted up and was horizontally instead of vertically. The eccentric was adjusted correctly before, and after resetting the claw it was still correct. I did however notice some play in the claw in the form of a wobble. And play in the shaft as a whole at the spring.

I have modded the shift star to look identical to the one laid out on this site. I didn't mod the shaft or claw at all. Am I correct in thinking the shift shaft may be the culprit to the problem I've had since putting it together? If so, where can I get a NEW one for a reasonable price? If I bought a used one from eBay or somewhere, I might just end up with the same thing I have now!

Also, I can't find anywhere the proper torque for the clutch basket/hub nut. I've heard if you tighten it too much it will cause lurching due to the hub not being able to spin freely apart from the basket. True???

As always, any help is appreciated!!!!!

My shee has been periodically hard to shift. Sometimes it will simply fall right into gear, and sometimes, with multiple lever pulls, it wont. Today, I was riding and lost all ability to shift. I was stuck in 2nd, and that was it. She shift lever felt all messed up, so I pulled the clutch case. The shifter claw had somehow twisted up and was horizontally instead of vertically. The eccentric was adjusted correctly before, and after resetting the claw it was still correct. I did however notice some play in the claw in the form of a wobble. And play in the shaft as a whole at the spring.

I have modded the shift star to look identical to the one laid out on this site. I didn't mod the shaft or claw at all. Am I correct in thinking the shift shaft may be the culprit to the problem I've had since putting it together? If so, where can I get a NEW one for a reasonable price? If I bought a used one from eBay or somewhere, I might just end up with the same thing I have now!

Also, I can't find anywhere the proper torque for the clutch basket/hub nut. I've heard if you tighten it too much it will cause lurching due to the hub not being able to spin freely apart from the basket. True???

As always, any help is appreciated!!!!!

I have a used Shift Shaft that I'm selling. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Comes with a brand new torsion spring and a brand new shift shaft seal.

M1130007.jpg

$20.00 + Shipping.

Pool man has some quality parts there. I went with the new shift shaft from fast. It is modded and allows the shifter to travel a little farther to put it in gear. If you hav a modded star do not get te EZ spring. It will jump outta gear on you.

My claw moved a huge amount and I had gear jumpin problems. So with shift shaft mod, EZ spring and no star mod I shifted like butter.

Adam