Need opinion on these toomeys

Found some toomeys on craigslist

http://eugene.craigslist.org/for/2925886232.html

I'd have to drive down and get them, they are flat black. Are there any cons to having the exhaust painted black? Can i just respray them with some high temp paint and call it good? What can i do to clean them up?

I figure for 200 bucks its not bad but im wondering what everyone else thinks

These are some FMF pipes I got off craigslist for 100 bucks, with silencers. I was in a bind and desperately needed pipes before my shearers were done.

IMG_6887.jpg

I used them for one trip, and they sat in my garage for a few months. I got bored one day and decided to see what was underneath that black BBQ paint... This is what they looked like with NOTHING but being stripped with paint stripper. No polishing or anything.

photo-46.jpg

Not bad for 15 minutes!

Found some toomeys on craigslist

http://eugene.craigslist.org/for/2925886232.html

I'd have to drive down and get them, they are flat black. Are there any cons to having the exhaust painted black? Can i just respray them with some high temp paint and call it good? What can i do to clean them up?

I figure for 200 bucks its not bad but im wondering what everyone else thinks

Those don't look like T5s to me, probably T4s which were not worth the box they shipped them in. T4s were so bad that Toomey offered a trade up program when they came out with the T5s.

These are some FMF pipes I got off craigslist for 100 bucks, with silencers. I was in a bind and desperately needed pipes before my shearers were done.

IMG_6887.jpg

I used them for one trip, and they sat in my garage for a few months. I got bored one day and decided to see what was underneath that black BBQ paint... This is what they looked like with NOTHING but being stripped with paint stripper. No polishing or anything.

photo-46.jpg

Not bad for 15 minutes!

wow! that looks pretty freakin good matt, i might do that to my T5's if I get tired of the flat black. good work man!