cleaning up case halves and jugs

nysparky106

I blew a crank and have this motor torn right down and the cases and jugs look like shit. covered with a layer of grease and dirt etc. most of it is coming off with big orange but I really want to clean it up. thinking of bead blasting jugs and cases but dont wanna ruin anything either. any ideas???

I sent my new cases off to BigRed350x (Jared) and he did a awesome job with them. He kept in touch with me every step of the way and even took some pics before he packed them up and sent them back. Only took about a week from the time I sent them to him to when I recieved them. Great guy to do business with. May wanna give him a shout he will hook you up. Good luck

But just for getting them clean, purple power does great

one of the main ingredients to Purple Power of Muratic acid. Good luck with that one. Go to home depot. Spend 10 dollars on Air Condition Coil Cleaner. It is specifically made to clean aluminum parts. It will do a pretty decent job and not harm the cases as purple power will. Sure you can dilute the Purple and shit, but it is still going to etch aluminum.

Adam

one of the main ingredients to Purple Power of Muratic acid. Good luck with that one. Go to home depot. Spend 10 dollars on Air Condition Coil Cleaner. It is specifically made to clean aluminum parts. It will do a pretty decent job and not harm the cases as purple power will. Sure you can dilute the Purple and shit, but it is still going to etch aluminum.

Adam

I have used purple power on everything. It doesnt harm powder or paint either.. To each his owm i guess

I sent my new cases off to BigRed350x (Jared) and he did a awesome job with them. He kept in touch with me every step of the way and even took some pics before he packed them up and sent them back. Only took about a week from the time I sent them to him to when I recieved them. Great guy to do business with. May wanna give him a shout he will hook you up. Good luck

So what exactly did Jared do for you?

Do you have any pics?