28mm PWK Needle Recommendation?

Thack82

What carburetor Needle will perform best in a set of Keihin PWK 28mm Carburetors? I have a Serval Cyl Set Up that has a F.AS.T. Trail Port and Polish. I'm running 28mm Billet Intakes, Free Flowing Air Box, Paul Turner Mids/Fat Boy II's, Chariot Reed Cages/Boyesen Power Reeds. Let me know if you need any other build information and I'll let you know. From the other post I've looked at on BHQ on this Topic it looks like I need to use the JJH Needles do you guy's agree?

• Summer Jetting - 50 Pilots and 158 Mains
  • Winter Jetting - 52 Pilot's and 160 Mains

*Elevation - 740-780 Feet Above Sea Level

Please get back with me on this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jim

The JJH needles are the most popular needles we sell for those carbs. Problem is going to be finding many or any people with the same or even similar setup to yours to comment on this. Someone running a 4mil stock cylinder setup with an aggressive trail or dune port should have very similar jetting. I'd try the JJH to begin with and go from there.

-Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

52 pilots jjh in 4th position worked out best for me bike wanted extra fuel for better throttle response 168 main screws 2 1/4 out . Try it and go from there when i was tuning what i thought and felt was rich like everybody else was cured with adding fuel. Im on east coast sea level to 500ft above sealevel at some riding areas. 28s are great carbs when u have them properly tuned.