392cc BBK from ATHENA

i have been veiwing as a guest on at least 6 forums over the last few years, but chose this one to finally register for,

i just could not sit back and be quite for any longer

i've seen this wildcard subject mentioned on at least 3 other forums today, none of them had anything good to say about how wildcard handled this situation,

i even saw a few drag banshee owners say that they had been considering you for work, but will not be sending you anything if this is how you handle yourself as a professional on public forums, and i must agree, you're really making yourself look like a fool.

i've watched you talk shit on other builders on here before, and you did it again in this thread, unprovoked

the O.P. asked a simple question about a set of cylinders, and you immedietly threw yourself on the floor in a little hissy fit as soon as any other builder was mentioned.

what is the reasoning behind trying to make other builders look bad ? work slow ?

childhood insecurities catching up to you ? maybe a few therapy sessions will help !

i also saw talk that you lost your technician status on the blaster site, so somebody is using common sense and not letting you get away with this unprofessional tirade you are on, is there some secret as to why you're allowed to act this way on here ?

the site administators need to take control of this, as it is making this site, and this sport look like a joke.

grow the fuk up already, and learn how to handle your business professionally, instead of trying to impress your little chronies on here

Just out of curiosity... are you the "other builder" that Wildcard is talking about? Or just an acquaintance?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is not the other builder, he is a customer of the other builder.

he only joined here to trash wildcard, plain and simple. he needs to go back to hanging out with his blaster buddies.

Here I thought you were banned from all forums! Or should i say you should be banned! Useless, arrogant, jackwagon!

Yea ill be getting the stockers ported sounds like the most cost effective way at this point since i dont want to change pipes and so on to accomodate the larger bore.

Now my next question is what type of port am i after?Like i said i ride everything from country cruising back roads to the dunes at bad lands so im guessing id want/need a wide power band?

Whats a fair price in your opinions?

Ive ported plenty of SBF heads but never a 2 stroke so i plan to leave this to the guys that have invested in time tooling and R&D.

Thanks.

Also im about to order an aftermarket head im not sure yet im researching on here as we speak but my question is which cc of domes should i get?

Im wanting to get something that will work now in basically stock configuration and also after the jugs are ported.

From what im gathering so 21cc seem about right or am i wrong?And the noss head allows my to use my factory studs?

Id like to keep running pump gas i run 93 now with amsoil interceptor at 32.1

Yea ill be getting the stockers ported sounds like the most cost effective way at this point since i dont want to change pipes and so on to accomodate the larger bore.

Now my next question is what type of port am i after?Like i said i ride everything from country cruising back roads to the dunes at bad lands so im guessing id want/need a wide power band?

Whats a fair price in your opinions?

Ive ported plenty of SBF heads but never a 2 stroke so i plan to leave this to the guys that have invested in time tooling and R&D.

Thanks.

I would say a trail or aggressive trail type port depending on your rider weight and fuel you intend to run. But, these are the things that really are going to need to be discussed with the builder you choose to do the work whoever that may be. I would be more than happy to provide you a list of builders I would personally recommend.

-Brandon

I would say a trail or aggressive trail type port depending on your rider weight and fuel you intend to run. But, these are the things that really are going to need to be discussed with the builder you choose to do the work whoever that may be. I would be more than happy to provide you a list of builders I would personally recommend.

-Brandon

im corn fed bro lol

im 6'3 235lbs

what are the engines charactoristics with this type of porting?this may sound stupid but i want to be able to lug the engine on trails yet scream in the rpms in the sand or am i asking too much and of opposite things?

im corn fed bro lol

im 6'3 235lbs

what are the engines charactoristics with this type of porting?this may sound stupid but i want to be able to lug the engine on trails yet scream in the rpms in the sand or am i asking too much and of opposite things?

My trail porting is focussed on gains in the low-mid range. The aggressive trail and dune ports are focussed on midrange increase. Other builders will have different terminologies for these builds. My honest recommendation based on your weight and described riding would be a 4mil setup with a nice mild dune port. You can have a decent bike in both settings. Builders will all have different approaches and abilities to create an engine to suit your style. Where are you located?

-Brandon

My opinion in the matter would be stick with what works for you and makes you feel the most comfortable and confident with the work your having done whether its a big name builder or a small town guy nobody spends money where they don't feel some kind of comfort level again just my 2 cents

Ok well not to be opposite from everyone. Because yes a port job would be great for you. But i recently traded some parts from my yz to a guy and he gave me a brand new Athena 392cc kit. I really like it, not only does it have get up and go on trails but it runs badass when its wide open. But i ran them bc the parts i traded i didnt need, if i were looking for more power, i would have went with a port job. But overall these get a thumbs up!

My trail porting is focussed on gains in the low-mid range. The aggressive trail and dune ports are focussed on midrange increase. Other builders will have different terminologies for these builds. My honest recommendation based on your weight and described riding would be a 4mil setup with a nice mild dune port. You can have a decent bike in both settings. Builders will all have different approaches and abilities to create an engine to suit your style. Where are you located?

-Brandon

Yea 4 mils outta the budget im looking for budget friendly power.

So if i keep stock stroke and im at 64mm now in the stock new sleeves what should i have it ported to considering weight and riding?

Im in illinois lovington to be exact.

If I were doing the build, given the information provided I would be recommending an aggressive trail port. It will show no noticeable loss right off idle and will boast most of it's increase throughout the midrange with a slight bump in the top end. I really don't think you'd have gotten the athena put together with porting for much if any less than a 4mil stock cylinder would cost. But, I'm not sure what is included in the "kit" you were looing at or what you had been quoted for portwork ect.

-Brandon

If I were doing the build, given the information provided I would be recommending an aggressive trail port. It will show no noticeable loss right off idle and will boast most of it's increase throughout the midrange with a slight bump in the top end. I really don't think you'd have gotten the athena put together with porting for much if any less than a 4mil stock cylinder would cost. But, I'm not sure what is included in the "kit" you were looing at or what you had been quoted for portwork ect.

-Brandon

695.00 for the kit and it included jugs,head,forged pistons,gaskets the whole 9 yards and porting i was quoted 300.00.

But seeing how thats 1k in a top end id have to sell my dirtbike and i dont want to get rid of it so after talking to you guys porting the stock jugs sounds like itll fit my budget and still yield descent power.Im not looking to win any races or anything im just looking for it to put a smile on my face when i mash on it.

The trail port you describe is exactly what i thought i was maybe asking too much for.So sounds like an agressive trail port will be in my future.

695.00 for the kit and it included jugs,head,forged pistons,gaskets the whole 9 yards and porting i was quoted 300.00.

But seeing how thats 1k in a top end id have to sell my dirtbike and i dont want to get rid of it so after talking to you guys porting the stock jugs sounds like itll fit my budget and still yield descent power.Im not looking to win any races or anything im just looking for it to put a smile on my face when i mash on it.

The trail port you describe is exactly what i thought i was maybe asking too much for.So sounds like an agressive trail port will be in my future.

not to be a dick but just pick a builder call him up and get all the details worked out. i would highly recommend wildcard because he has great customer service, not to mention all the help he has already given you. you could get all these questions answered plus have an estimate in one simple phone call

not to be a dick but just pick a builder call him up and get all the details worked out. i would highly recommend wildcard because he has great customer service, not to mention all the help he has already given you. you could get all these questions answered plus have an estimate in one simple phone call

I agree but........Maybe someone else wondered the same thing.

And im appreciative of the help wild card has given but again this is a public forum and im sure has many visitors and maybe some wondered the same.

Sorry if my novice questions irritate you bro im not new to two strokes just banshees.