pwk 35s?

hey all.. just got a motor back a month ago ish.. its a 4 mil dune/play port with boost ports-vforce3-upp intakes- +4 timing- straight cut gears-pwk35s.. all performed by fast racing!!! i have 155 mains 50 pilots cel needle and have tried everthing from 148-165 and 45-55 and dek,dgk,eek and ever clip postion... i cant figure this thing out! banghead plug chops look real nice with 155! my problem is somewhere off idle to 1/2 throttle..runs like a mofo on top but down bottom to mid i just cant get it right.. its almost like its not getting fuel... feels like your driving and turn the fuel off when you go to get on it.. i guess my question is, anyway the pwk35s are too much for stock cylinders,because im having a hell of a time with this. it almost feels like there is too much air dumbing in all at once. is there anything else that could cause this problem? im kinda running out of ideas! oh yeah and im by no means a pro at tuning this stuff so any pointers would be helful! i want to try to figure this out without pesting Jeff. i know there swapped and feel bad for calling them all the time!! thanks

No wonder you have a hard time tuning, try reading what you wrote.

Did you assemble the motor, or did FAST put the whole damn thing together?

Are you absolutely sure your pipes are sealed and are you absolutely sure you do not have any air leaks between the cylinders and your carbs?

What jetting did Jeff recommend for your set-up at your altitude and your type of fuel?

Dune Port 350's run 35 PWK's all day long...

I am in the process of tuning my 4 mil play/dune port from FAST with 35's and I am at a 48 pilot, 160 main, cel 2nd clip from the top, 3 turns out on the a/f screw and my mid still feels a little boggy. I think I am fat on my pilot though, need to goto a 45 to clean it up a bit. Runs great on top though. I am tuned for Waynoka OK which is like 970 ft or close to it I think.

Hey buckeye, are you running air strykerz?

No just regular pwk. I thought I was going to be over carbed for my motor, but suprisingly I really like the spread of power that I have. And back to the original post, those carbs should work with your mods based on what I've learned from my setup. I haven't tried different types of needles yet so who knows, that may be your problem like lms stated.

I have a similar problems with my set up. I have "drag"-ported ss/sc motor with T5´s and 35 PWK carb´s.

Summer time I use 42 pilots and it feels alot better than 45 pilot. I use 45 pilots at winter time and 48 is rich in my opinion.

CEL is too lean for my motor. I need to go up to 5th position to get it even decent at warm summer day, but still it will need too big main jets to get enough fuel in mid-range to WOT.

Right now I use N8RE needles. They are KTM factory needles what they use in 36PWK´s. That needle is 100% better with my motor than CEL. BUT I am looking something else between those two.

If you can buy those, just try them out.

• Like 1

I have a similar problems with my set up. I have "drag"-ported ss/sc motor with T5´s and 35 PWK carb´s.

Summer time I use 42 pilots and it feels alot better than 45 pilot. I use 45 pilots at winter time and 48 is rich in my opinion.

CEL is too lean for my motor. I need to go up to 5th position to get it even decent at warm summer day, but still it will need too big main jets to get enough fuel in mid-range to WOT.

Right now I use N8RE needles. They are KTM factory needles what they use in 36PWK´s. That needle is 100% better with my motor than CEL. BUT I am looking something else between those two.

If you can buy those, just try them out.

what size mains are you running???

I am running 35pwk with airbox on RDZ ported cylinders. CEL needles, 160 mains and 60 pilots. Pilot circuit is far and I need 48-52's and play with them. I have CPI pipes and it runs great. Sometimes it hesitates because too much fuel but after its I the band it runs perfect. Hope that helps

what size mains are you running???

with N8RE KTM needle (3rd) around 162-165 at +10 to -5*C , +20*C around 160 mains.

CEL (4th) and 172 or 175 at +6*C and it was lean in the mid-range, no power.

It´s not perfect and I need to fine adjust it, but hope this will help you a little.

with N8RE KTM needle (3rd) around 162-165 at +10 to -5*C , +20*C around 160 mains.

CEL (4th) and 172 or 175 at +6*C and it was lean in the mid-range, no power.

It´s not perfect and I need to fine adjust it, but hope this will help you a little.

i just ordered two other needles to try to fix my problem.. ccg and ceg. the ccg is the richest needle that i could find in the "c" series.. but both are richer then the cel needle from 1/16-1/2 throttle! hopefilly this fixes my promblem.. if not i guess ill have to try those n8re! thanks for the help.