wiring problems with my banshee

While trying to clean up the wiring harness mess under the gas tank by cutting away all the dangling clips from the old TORS system that was converted. I first removed the throttle switch and harness then I removed the clips that used to go to the carbs. Banshee wouldn't crank at this point. Unplugged the "brain" and bingo cranked right up. Went to remove the brain from the bike and cut off the 3 prong harness and wouldn't crank agin. Soldered the harness back onto the 2 wires I removed it from and still wouldn't crank. HELP..... Thanks

While trying to clean up the wiring harness mess under the gas tank by cutting away all the dangling clips from the old TORS system that was converted. I first removed the throttle switch and harness then I removed the clips that used to go to the carbs. Banshee wouldn't crank at this point. Unplugged the "brain" and bingo cranked right up. Went to remove the brain from the bike and cut off the 3 prong harness and wouldn't crank agin. Soldered the harness back onto the 2 wires I removed it from and still wouldn't crank. HELP..... Thanks

To me it sounds like you might have a loose ground. Were you doing all this tugging and cutting while the harness was all hooked up? If so double check that all the plugs are securely fastened together and that your ground is tightend. When I removed all the excess junk off my harness I completely stripped all the electrical tape so I could see all the wires and followed all unneed wires and deleted them from the source instead of just clipping plugs like you did. This way I was sure there were no loose ends fucking things up inside my harness. Heres the banshee electrical faq but if you use the search bar you can find people who have posted diagrams that show all the junk you dont need.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133650

Go to the technical section and you will find a thread about banshee electrical stuff. You should be able to find what you need in there. If I remember right there is a wiring harness diagram of what goes where in that thread.

- Jared

Thanks guys I'll check it out. I was probly doing a little to much tugging.

I cleaned up my harness before I had any real knowledge about electrical. Its easy to look at the diagram and see the shit you need vs. what you don't. If it was your goal to "clean" it up in the first place, and now you have a problem, you should consider removing it from the bike and strip it as I did just to be sure you fix your problem. Couple good things about doing this is, you can clean all your plugs and connections, ensure there are no shorts floating around, do a visual inspection of all wires to ensure none are burnt, pinched, smashed. You would be supprised how thin and manageable the harness is after all the garbage is removed.