392cc Athena kit.

I got some Athena 392cc cylinders for the price of some spare yz490 parts. I read all around here, people say that they are no good... but why? I don't need directed to a different set-up. This will be my spare motor set-up. What's the deal with these cylinders? They look real good and clean, have never been ran at all, I just wonder why they are "junk" when Athena is a big name in big bore kits. Thanks.

I got some Athena 392cc cylinders for the price of some spare yz490 parts. I read all around here, people say that they are no good... but why? I don't need directed to a different set-up. This will be my spare motor set-up. What's the deal with these cylinders? They look real good and clean, have never been ran at all, I just wonder why they are "junk" when Athena is a big name in big bore kits. Thanks.

i have them and i love them my bike is pretty fast just run it :cheers:

I was thinking about buying this kit too. From what I have seen there right around 700.00 on eBay. A lot cheaper than most other kits I've looked at. Input from people who have run these kits would be nice. We're they everything you expected? Would u recomend them to others? Do they really give u 10+ hp by bolting them on? Thanks