Overdose's Official Build Thread

Overdose

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth be told I probably have another whole bike hiding in there. I've got 2 more frames and some front suspension, rear dog-bone, 2 rear shocks, 2 steering stems, radiator, etc etc.

Well when u decide to clean house and get rid of that "junk" send it my way

Well when u decide to clean house and get rid of that "junk" send it my way

You come and get it and you can have any of the spare junk you want. :cheers: On a side-note... The twister beast fired up in 3 kicks this evening. It will be a 100% complete bike, ready to ride tomorrow by lunch. From a pile of parts in the back of my shop to overdose's new 4mil twister dune bike in 2 weeks.... not too bad.

- Jared

4mil 115rod hotrods crank with maxloads on both ends

small-block twister 71.5mm bore

aggressive dune port by Kevin @ HJR

Vforce3 reeds

Billet intakes

33mm PWK's set up on methanol (billet bowls on the way)

Shearer SB SF IF's w/ FMF Silencers

+4 swingarm

pingel

straight-cut gears

billet basket

direct drive lockup / cover

billet water impeller

transmission by BigRed350x

lightened flywheel

adjustable timing plate

front-mounted CDI & drag cut harness

21x12x8 10-paddle extremes

Lots of misc stuff...

Should be a 90-100hp setup on methanol all dialed in perfect. Set up safe for riding the dunes it should be around 85-90hp pretty easy. The hoops on the foot-pegs are for a passenger he might have on easter weekend.

builds like this one are always the ones you rember. just think in 5 years you will be saying rember that week we put that twister in that old crappy frame and scrounged up all those parts man that was a fun bike..

i have about 4 of these in various stages laying around the shop...

It should be fun to say the least. Looks like we are gonna try and run it this weekend on sunday at the little test spot just make sure everything is in proper order before heading to the dunes next weekend.

Real nice! Why the alky over race? doesn't that limit your range in the dunes?

Real nice! Why the alky over race? doesn't that limit your range in the dunes?

Cooler engine temps, more power, cheaper... just get an over-size tank and you're back to normal ride range. Race-gas sucks wang. I wouldn't touch that crap with a 10ft pole. Plus there are methanol tanks out on our dunes and if you get in a pinch you can fill up at those tanks, just carry some 2-stroke oil with ya in the camel-back. Its not the highest quality stuff in the world, but it would get you back to camp. My dune bike normally carries 6+ gallons and I can ride father than a stock bike on pump-gas.

Looks good man, lets see that thing in action. I've always been curious about how a small block twister would run, nice alternative to the almighty "cub".

I might go with him on sunday and take the 485 cheetah out for a test-ride. If not, then we will definitely have plenty of video on easter weekend of this twister and my cheetah running together. Overdose does have a HUGE weight advantage over me though. But my cheetah's chassis is a lot better set up than his is. We will see....

- Jared