Overdose's Official Build Thread

Overdose

OK well I figure now that my project is rolling it's time to start my build thread. Well up until about two weeks ago I owned a very nice pair of banshee's (93,94) both had typical bolt ons nothing fancy. Long story short sold both of them to fund this build and build a new motor for the wifes buggy. I didn't really know what I wanted for an end goal at the time but just knew that I wanted something that would wheelie on command and smoke some 4 pokes. And so it began. I was kicking around the idea of building a 10mil cub when the oppertunity to own a twister setup arised and I said what the heck sound like fun lets try it. and here it is. This is actually an older picture of it and yes it needs polished bad but I will post up some better pics once I get it polished and the new goodies on it.

2vmd6hg.jpg

Now for the specs:

4mil 465cc Twister

Ported by Kevin at HJR, Aggressive dune port

Port matched cases

cut trany, with the normal goodies

Billet basket, Straight cut gears

Direct drive lockup and cover

33 PWK's getting setup for Alky this week

V force 3 reeds

Billet intakes

Shearer small bores inframes

+4 chrome Ladder swingarm

I'm going to the dunes on easter weekend so we decided to put it together so I could try it out and see where the bugs are then tear it back down and adjust what needs to be adjusted.

Yesterday it all started has a pile of parts and now its a rolling chassis.

ftcux4.jpg

It's going well I have all the rest of thaparts ordered that I was missing has aof last night. It won't be pretty but it should run well for easter. Once I get back r=from the easter trip I'll work on making it look nice.One of the neatest think on this build is that 90% of all the parts in it were from Banshee HQ members.

So thanks to these members for helping me out with getting the parts for this build.

Big Red 350x without his spare parts pile there would be no rolling chassis so thanks a ton Jared!

Wacko2000

Joshz

nasty racing

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here are some more pics of the build in progress Ive got the plastic just setting on the frame for looks nothing is painted or bolted down so yes it looks pretty crappy right now but It will be nice once its all finished up.

2w6ti7a.jpg

nl1owi.jpg

Direct drive lock up with straight cuts

ml5l05.jpg

nice pic of the intake port

jfzxpj.jpg

Pwk 33mm converted to alcohol just waiting for the billet bowls

67msk1.jpg

174ftv.jpg

658hsh.jpg

There it is almost ready for a shake down before getting torn down again for paint polish and a shave. the rest of the parts should be here thursday

Damn you move quick. I seen a couple weeks back when you sold your other two bikes and started talking about a new build. Had no idea you'd be up and running this quick. Well it looks as if it gonna do what you want it to, "wheelie on command and smoke 4 pokes." Have fun with that, looks like it will be a blast.

Damn you move quick. I seen a couple weeks back when you sold your other two bikes and started talking about a new build. Had no idea you'd be up and running this quick. Well it looks as if it gonna do what you want it to, "wheelie on command and smoke 4 pokes." Have fun with that, looks like it will be a blast.

He has a secret squirrel helper working on his bike all hours of the night. :ph34r: It WILL be alive for our easter weekend ride.

What's it take to get one of those? Could use one at my house.

You just have to live in the same town as someone with WAY too many banshee parts laying around. I didn't even realize I had an entire rolling chassis sitting in a pile behind my compressor. He came over and was like "can I have that?" and I was just happy to have it all out of the way in my shop. Now poof there is a 4mil small-block twister sitting in my shop. lol

Ah the good ol days. Wish I had half a bike sittin in the back of my shop. An extra one anyway

Truth be told I probably have another whole bike hiding in there. I've got 2 more frames and some front suspension, rear dog-bone, 2 rear shocks, 2 steering stems, radiator, etc etc.