Elka shocks

Zbadboy

I need some help with what tool is used to adjust preload on ella from and rear shocks. A normal spanner wrench will not do the trick so please point me in the right direction here. I have been on Elka's web site and looked around bought all it says is that the shocks come with the tool. I bought mine used and don't have the tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I need some help with what tool is used to adjust preload on ella from and rear shocks. A normal spanner wrench will not do the trick so please point me in the right direction here. I have been on Elka's web site and looked around bought all it says is that the shocks come with the tool. I bought mine used and don't have the tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would just buy the tool

On stock shocks, and works shocks you would use a spanner wrench to set preload, what I mean by this is starting some compression on the spring to set ride height extra. Elka has a custom set up looks like it has a Allen set screw but then you need a tool that they say comes with them. I am after this tool that is a cousin to a spanner wrench someone that has bought some Elka's or has one please chime in.

I am guessing if you didn't get a tool with your Elka's then maybe on lower stages like stage one you might not be able to adjust preload and maybe that's why you didn't get a tool. I have no idea haven't researched this.

I called Elka and they gave me one for free. Just had to pay shipping. Mine would not turn by hand, but you could fit an allen wrench in it and turn it somewhat.

The tool fits in your hand, and has a little tip on it that fits in the little hole on the shock. A phillips heads may even fit.

Thank very much I appreciate the help. I didn't even attempt it without the tool. But I will see if they will turn by hand and if not I will be calling them up. Thanks for the information I was blown away they didn't have the tool listed for sale on there site.

I could see it has round holes but was haveing a hard time imagining what the tool would look like. Thank you for the information, when I get out of work going to try loosening the set screw and see if I can move by hand, and honestly I didn't even think to try it by hand I thought the tool would be needed forsure. Then if i can't get them to turn I will try contacting elka to see if I can get one shipped. I was mostly suprised when I was having such a hard time finding the tool or picture of it or even the name of it, that was frustrating. But the shocks look so nice I didn't want to bugger them up craming something else into the hole. Anyhow I really appreciate the responses/help, thank you.

If you have dual rates, odds are you won't be able to turn it by hand. Triple/quad rates are very easy to turn by hand, since there is almost no preload on the springs anyways. I stock the proper preload tool, so if you can't get it by hand, PM me your address and I'll throw one in the mail to you.

I usually have a ton of them, since it's the same tool I ship with King shocks.

Thank you, going to pm you address to purchase tool the fronts are dual,I forget what rear is. haven't tried yet to turn them by hand but guessing it will need the tool. Thanks very much.