whats the difference

ok i am still new to the bottom end of the banshee for the most part..... what is the true difference in a stroker and long rod... i know the stroker obviously gives you a longer stroke but what is the use of a long rod?? what are the pros and cons of either...

stroker crank is when the stroke is longer and gives you more displacement as the piston travels more than stock. long rod is when the rod is longer and the wrist pin has been moved up on the piston, to aid in side load on the piston and is a smoother transition at maximum travel.

you can get a long rod stroker, short rod strokers. and long rod stock cc cranks. you need long rod pistons with long rod cranks.

stroker crank is when the stroke is longer and gives you more displacement as the piston travels more than stock. long rod is when the rod is longer and the wrist pin has been moved up on the piston, to aid in side load on the piston and is a smoother transition at maximum travel.

you can get a long rod stroker, short rod strokers. and long rod stock cc cranks. you need long rod pistons with long rod cranks.

reason i ask is i am going to pick up a parts quad friday and it has a good long rods crank in it thrying to figure if i want to use it or my stock crank in my trail bike

reason i ask is i am going to pick up a parts quad friday and it has a good long rods crank in it thrying to figure if i want to use it or my stock crank in my trail bike

A long rod crank isnt a performance gain. It is a durability mod. It reduces the side load on the piston skirts. It reduces the angle of the rod so it isnt trying to force the pistons through the front and back of the cylinders.