Carb syncing?

How long does it take to sync the carbs on a banshee? The reason I ask is because all the service places around here want $75 to do a simple sync! I asked just out of curiosity and I was like f-that. I know its not hard and def not worth $75 especially if you dont know whether they use a tool or not....

Carb syncing My link

slipknot23

I watched the video link you posted and thought it was awsome and gives me a better idea what to do when my time comes. My question is when I am doing the mid throttle sync I didnt understand the part about having a buddy hold the throttle cable out at around 5000 or 6000 rpm. Could I still sync the carbs at mid throttle if I were to set the throttle stop at the half way point then used the actual thumb lever to increase the rpm's to 5000ish?

I agree that $75 to sync carbs is expensive. But, being a professional mechanic for the last 25 years I know where it comes from. Most shops charge a 1 hour minimum because of all the expeses they have- there is prbably a service writer that gets a commision on every work order that he writes, there is a secretary/cashier that closes the work order and collects your money that is making an hourly wage, there are other expenses like rent, power, water, heat, insurance, the mechanics wages, shop equipment and supplies, disposal of hazardous waste(solvent, batteries,oil, and old fuel) and all kinds of other hidden expenses that they have to pay out of the shop rate. The one thing I don't like is when I started out the shop rate was $25-30 an hour and the mechanic was geting $12.50-15 an hour. Now the shop rate is $75 or more an hour and the mechanic is getting $25-30 if he is lucky(depending on what industry it is).