Need wiring help

Gitzen

I bought a 95 banshee, it has no key on it and also the tors is removed. There are two sets of wires nutted together and I just wanna make sure they are wired correctly. First one is for the kill switch a black wire and a black/white wire together, is this correct for the kill switch to operate? Also there is a red wire and a brown wire nutted together which I believe would be for the key switch? Do these wires nutted together sound correct or are they messed up. Thanks.

Take the wire nut off the B and B/W. Grounding the B/W will shut the motor off.

Put it on the B/W and B/R where the key used to be. This should get power to the CDI.

The R and Br do not matter as they are connected to anything but the plug.

image002Small.jpg

Take the wire nut off the B and B/W. Grounding the B/W will shut the motor off.

Put it on the B/W and B/R where the key used to be. This should get power to the CDI.

image002Small.jpg

The B/W and B/R wires are on the switch side of the connector. On the bike side of the connector they are Black and Red/Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...there is a red wire and a brown wire nutted together...

The B/W and B/R wires are on the switch side of the connector. On the bike side of the connector they are Black and Red/Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only brown wire on a banshee is on the switch side of the connector. The OP's statement led me to believe that he was working on the switch side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!