Did a leakdown test. What You think ?

Poolman

Thats what I thought. 3 in 6 does not sound bad...

I've ran them with a leak worse than that bad before. Of course it's best to find the leak, but in some cases it's difficult to find or it will leak around the intake bolts when the (UPP) intakes wear out.

I've ran them with a leak worse than that bad before. Of course it's best to find the leak, but in some cases it's difficult to find or it will leak around the intake bolts when the (UPP) intakes wear out.

just curious...how often should you do a leakdown test on your motor? just to prevent from a meltdown in the future.

• 9 months later...

Can anyone chime in and give me the step by step on doing a leak down test on a banshee?  Also... I need to build a tester.  Anyone have a nice one they can link me to or post pics of?

Zew, in this section at the very top you will see a pinned info thread, go to that and click on the link by loco and scroll down until you see leakdown tester

Zew, in this section at the very top you will see a pinned info thread, go to that and click on the link by loco and scroll down until you see leakdown tester

Actually... I've seen that thread, and although it lists how to build one, it doesn't give information step by step how to perform a leakdown test.  I know on single cylinder engines you put the piston at BDC, but on a banshee that's impossible for both sides.  Does it not matter where the pistons are located while doing a leakdown test?

Nope.....doesn't matter. Plug the intakes and exhaust like shown and pump It up. No more than 6psi total. And onto more than 1psi drop per minute. Run test for AT LEAST 6 minutes.

Personally I don't trust 1psi per minute.......I find any leak and make sure it doesn't leak ......I've held 6 psi for over an hour.

Nope.....doesn't matter. Plug the intakes and exhaust like shown and pump It up. No more than 6psi total. And onto more than 1psi drop per minute. Run test for AT LEAST 6 minutes.

Personally I don't trust 1psi per minute.......I find any leak and make sure it doesn't leak ......I've held 6 psi for over an hour.

x1000 find the leak or sell the bike lol