Just got a craftsman atv lift

eldreder

i have this one and i think it sucks personally.

I rather lift up the quad and place it on a wooden box.

it was nice after first, but then it just worse, the jack lets the quad down very slow, the locking piece broke, and also the shit checks in the way while working on the quad.

X2 Definitely doesn't go high enough for an "ergonomic" work height, very heavy, nerf bars have to come off. For the weight of sport quads, a 5 gallon pail works better.

If I had a garage, it would be nice to roll the quad out of the way mid-build. :shrugani:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually have the loading table and a real MC lift. i used a harbor freight loading table for a long time now i bought the 1000 lb one its MUCH better built i personally think its one of the better built items int he store. it goes up VERY high it goes up fast enough and the entire front end and rear end is off the ground it makes swaping tires a breeze and if i strap the front or rear to teh table i can completely remove the front or rear end and not have to screw with anything. i really like it. . the handle is easily removed if you want BUT when the table is all the way up its as high as the handle so it never actually gets in the way.

those so called atv jacks id say are just for moving stuff around..

Here ya go guys . One note though;

I like to place a socket extension between the lift wheels & lift plate and then release the pressure on the jack. Just keeps pressure off the actual lift.

It's not nessassary but I figure it will last longer without the constant weight on the lift assembly.

dyno031.jpg

dyno034.jpg

I like to place a socket extension between the lift wheels & lift plate and then release the pressure on the jack. Just keeps pressure off the actual lift.

It's not nessassary but I figure it will last longer without the constant weight on the lift assembly.

My hubs are lookin pretty good on there troy :cheers:

Yes sir :)

Did I remenber to Thank you. If not Thanks again. They really compliment the rear.

Now if I can get some decent weather so i can actually run it.

I've done a complete tear down & refresh including port work and have yet to play with it. banghead

Troy

Yes sir :)

Did I remenber to Thank you. If not Thanks again. They really compliment the rear.

Now if I can get some decent weather so i can actually run it.

I've done a complete tear down & refresh including port work and have yet to play with it. banghead

Troy

Maybe this weekend? My raptor buddies want to hit Slades or some crap. Did the stator work? Hope it runs well. 450R is done and back together. I think I need a bigger jet, it was surging wide open with a 165 in it, comes with a 118, so that cam and exhaust wants more fuel! haha, going to get that 04 banshee tomorrow. Hopefully its just the tors screwing up!! haha wouldn't that be cool.

SIDE NOTE: The ATV Stand at Harbor Freight is on sale this week 20 bucks off! 159.99! I got the flyer today.

Adam

Maybe this weekend? My raptor buddies want to hit Slades or some crap. Did the stator work? Hope it runs well. 450R is done and back together. I think I need a bigger jet, it was surging wide open with a 165 in it, comes with a 118, so that cam and exhaust wants more fuel! haha, going to get that 04 banshee tomorrow. Hopefully its just the tors screwing up!! haha wouldn't that be cool.

SIDE NOTE: The ATV Stand at Harbor Freight is on sale this week 20 bucks off! 159.99! I got the flyer today.

Adam

Hey Adam,

I just noticed your from Virginia Beach. I wouldn't have known until reading your post here and you mentioned the word Slades. I was like where are you from and Yea, I've ridden at Slades a couple of times. Small World.

Does Slades still charge like $10.00 for the day. It's been about 10 years since I rode there. I barelly remember it. I believe there was like a small house near and before the entrance and some dude walks out to get your money.

This summer me and my neighbor are going to Rock House WV for 5 or 6 day's. We did it last year and had a blast.

Paul

in my yfz build thread there is the pics of the one i have. for the price its a great item to have. i even use it to unload stuff thats too heavy out of the back of my truck. slide it onto the table move it in and then drop it on the floor. the extra $$$ for the 1000lb capacity is worth it BUT either one would be great

in all reality there is only one other lift i would like to try. but its hard to get here and its kinda high dollar..

dyno031.jpg

dyno034.jpg

Nice tires. I run the same ones on my 'shee now. Man, that lift kicks ass too