Hiper carbon rims

NickisGod

ive been window shopping these for awhile. not many people dish out for them it seems but im willing too. anyone else here run these? if so what series? im wondering if i should get the aluminum hub rears and use the metal collar ones in the front. my motor is finally back and unfortunately its still cold here :( and im trying to get all my shit in a row so i dont waste this summer.

also what offset do u guys use with your rims. im sure i could just go measure the rims i use now, but id like to here wat you guys use and why.

I love my Hiper rims. I bought mine new in 2006 and I'm still using them today. I haven't had any problems with em until about a month ago when I finally cracked one of my rear rims. But I can't complain, I beat the hell out of those rims. The trails here in eastern Pa are really rocky, my rings are beat to hell, all gouged up real bad. I put a lot of miles on those rims before I broke one. And another nice thing about HiPers is that my cracked rim is fixable. The rims are modular, so you just replace whatever breaks. I've used aluminum rims for 20 years and I've bent em all.

My fronts have a 4:1 offset. Guys riding in the woods who want a narrow front choose the 4:1 offset. Any XC built quad will have that 4:1 offset. The 4:1 narrows up the front but its main purpose is the help tame bumpsteer. Go with a wider offset if you're riding wide open spaces. I forget what my rear offset is, but its near the stock wheel's offset numbers.

FILE0006.jpg

FILE0009.jpg

Gotta pay if you want the good stuff ...

Ebay about $425 fronts same for rears on the tech 3

I know good stuff = a lot of money but I don't want to overpay the wheels, here in the 48 states the prices are too high. My cousin lives in Puerto Rico and He paid $750 for a full set of Tech 3. He just put an order for me. Some shop want to gain the double the price they paid for them.

I also just picked up a set of Hiper Tech 3 wheels on Razr MX tires for $600 shipped for all 4. I need to purchase blue rings for them tho, they can with red rings and dont match my ride.

That's a good deal. I know shipping was a pretty penny.

• 2 months later...

I know everyone likes the tech3's but if you dont plan on going to crazy on your quad, the cf1a's on ebay are going for $288 for rears $298 for fronts

I just ordered a set of CF1's from HSDracing.com $778.21 CAD. to my door. it's a canadian site but all there prices are in US currency. it's not a bad deal I went to all the ATV shops here in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. and when I asked about hiper's they would look at me like I have 4 heads !!