New to banshee and 2 stroke

Hi, been many months that i read everything on banshee on this awesome forums and i just decide to pickup one up here. Im from quebec Canada and these bike are kinda really rare in good shape. I finally found one, its a 2003 limited edition as clean as new. The guy that own the bike store it since 2005 hiding that thing to anyone. The bike came with complet t5 exhaust, ac nerf,ac front and rear bumper, vforce2,msr handle bar and still on original front tire! This bike is clean, i found the original air filter under the lid and is like unused. As people love picture here is some picture of its after i picked up.

18d4269a-1ed2-9dbf.jpg

18d4269a-1ee2-965d.jpg

Now here is my question, since the owner leave its like that for like 7 year with carburator not drained and old fuel in tank, i have not started its yet. But i take compression, i got 115 psi each side on the original top end as this engine never been open.

My question is do you guy recommend a complet rebuilt at this time or simply drain fuel, clean carb and fire it up. I do mostly trails and sand pit with the bike.

Im a cummins diesel engine mecanics so not familiar with 2 stroke engine.

Thanks guys!

So ill take the carb off and remove the tors by the way.

And should have to make some jetting as its cold up here about -10F and last jetting was for t5 in summer.

Must flush transmission i believe to.

My concern was about the compression was thinking its low.

Will make a leak down test after more reading i think.

Thanks!

Ok my elevation here is 1000ft. And yes will do leak down just have to built my tester.

Thanks steady been one year of searching around here and they were expensive and not in order. This one cost me 3750 canadian and i even dont know if its run :D The owner first want 4300!

But as i said up here those bike are rare and expensive. And this one is strong even the kick start is not loosse.

Thanks for advise!

Compression is relative to elevation. But do a leak down regardless.

Check the table near the bottom of this page: http://www.nossmachine.com/banshee_heads.htm

It's for a fresh build but it'll give you a basis for comparison. Stock heads are comparable to 22cc domes.

Hahaha thanks, i dont know Vermont but im sure its a nice place ;)

I have drained old fuel, clean carbs and sync them. Add new gaz 32:1 change sparkplug and that thing fired up at second kick.Ill make a leakdown this week end and some jetting before taking here first ride.

Thanks! Now its time to visite all those awesome sponsors websites :D