High output stator

Hi there.

I'm looking to fit additional lights for night trail riding in winter. We regularly ride at night and things seem to come up a lot quicker when it's dark. I'm currently running stock lights with PIAA H6M bulbs and an LED rear bulb in the stock housing. What I want to do is add 2 extra lights of about 55w on the Hi circuit. Who makes a decent high output 200w stator?

Cheers.

The one I have, was bought from White Brothers years ago, it was made by Elecrtrex. Here's the address from the paperwork that came with the stator.

Electrex USA

2948-S Industry Street,

Oceanside, CA 92054

Ph:760-433-0184

Fax:760-433-1052

www.electrex.com

It's a G87 250W stator. 2 power wires for the lights, so you have to install another voltage regulator.

Hi there.

I'm looking to fit additional lights for night trail riding in winter. We regularly ride at night and things seem to come up a lot quicker when it's dark. I'm currently running stock lights with PIAA H6M bulbs and an LED rear bulb in the stock housing. What I want to do is add 2 extra lights of about 55w on the Hi circuit. Who makes a decent high output 200w stator?

Get a Ricks stator, not Ricky's stator,1 800-251-0277 it's the only one that will give u 200w on a single side and not take away on the spark side, convert it to ac and get there rectifier regulator.

Hi there.

Get a Ricks stator, not Ricky's stator,1 800-251-0277 it's the only one that will give u 200w on a single side and not take away on the spark side, convert it to ac and get there rectifier regulator.

I have heard of guys having problems with the Rick's unit as well as Ricky Stator and RM Stator. I had problems with a Rick's CDI box. I have not heard of problems with the Moose unit, but I heard they no longer offer it. However, I am sure it was made by Electrosport, and you can buy it direct from them.

Stock stator with no head ach about weather or not my banshee will perform on the top end. Wait unitl you spend hours chasing the jetting all over the place then come to find out it is the pice of crap high out put stator.

I went through 3 ricky stator's all under warrenty and will never run nothing but an OEM Yamaha stator in my Banshee. I have a bran new one as a backup.

Edited by jbooker82

Stock stator with no head ach about weather or not my banshee will perform on the top end. Wait unitl you spend hours chasing the jetting all over the place then come to find out it is the pice of crap high out put stator.

I went through 3 ricky stator's all under warrenty and will never run nothing but an OEM Yamaha stator in my Banshee. I have a bran new one as a backup.

i agree, stock is second to none!

The problem with most aftermarket stators is they use cheap ass wire. The wire us bare copper with a baked on insulated coating. On the cheap wire the coating breaks down and causes misfire at high rpm or actually becomes shorted and loses total spark. I run a 200w Ricky in mine rewound with high quality wire. Zero issues

I run a 200w Ricky in mine rewound with high quality wire. Zero issues

So is it really a ricky stator if you have taken all the wrie off and rewound it? The one good ricky stator (old one that was on my banshee when i bought it) got taken out by a Crap ricky stator flywheel. The rivts loosend up and one sheared.

Edited by jbooker82

So is it really a ricky stator if you have taken all the wrie off and rewound it? The one good ricky stator (old one that was on my banshee when i bought it) got taken out by a Crap ricky stator flywheel. The rivts loosend up and one sheared.

Lol. Not really. It's the Ricky 200w frame rewound with good wire. It's the best high output stator solution .