it wont start kicking but trys to when pushed!

OhioShee77

I have an 89 shee that when kicked dosent seem to turn over enough to start i'm guessing. it started on 2nd kick after repairing the clutch push lever rod and ball. took out with my son to ride for his bday and have yet to get it running on it's own??? tried push starting and it wanted to start and run but wants to die... then all the sudden one of the exhaust o ring blew out!?! now can hear the compression and every thing looks good at the piston and plenty of spark! if any one has any ideas plz let me know as i have just redone the entire quad from the ground up....remember it started 2nd kick and warmed up untill it idled on it's own then I turned it off and shut the garage untill i went to go riding!

plugs get wet so fuel is there and plenty of compression you can hear it as it turns over and exhausts....any other ideas?

it has compression because you can hear it? wow check the compression dude :shootself: hold the throttle wide open and kick until the needle stops moving. needs to have more that 105lbs

it has compression because you can hear it? wow check the compression dude :shootself: hold the throttle wide open and kick until the needle stops moving. needs to have more that 105lbs

got a gauge at a buddies house i'll go get it...we didn't have it when we went to ride so we pulled the plugs and held our finger over it and it blew our finger off the hole so we moved on in the diagnosis. also yes shoot my self in the head lol. also inea ides on why it would blow the exhaust o ring out? once it done that we only tried a couple times to kick it cause, it tried to fire and could here the leak where the o ring goes so we havent tried agian yet. i ordered the o ring and it should be here early this week.