Lights wiring cutoff; where to solder it back?

bansheenoob

Ok guys, heres the pic; I'm looking to solder the wiring from #1 and #2 spot back to original so the lights can work. The blue is cut but the tail light works!??

any input please!! The pic is crappy because I cant download more than a 50k pic..anyway, its the plug that has a black wire and a black/yellow, black plastic connector that goes into the grey connector for the lights/kill switch..

post-41827-0-19966000-1327109753_thumb.jpg

Ok guys, heres the pic; I'm looking to solder the wiring from #1 and #2 spot back to original so the lights can work. The blue is cut but the tail light works!??

any input please!! The pic is crappy because I cant download more than a 50k pic..anyway, its the plug that has a black wire and a black/yellow, black plastic connector that goes into the grey connector for the lights/kill switch..

Absolutely no way to tell even what we're looking at with that tiny picture. Go upload your picture to another image host. Photobucket, facebook, something...

Coming out of the light switch, green is low beam, yellow is high beam, and, yes, blue should go back to tail light. From >HERE<

Are the wires in your hand to aftermarket light(s)? I ask because black/yellow or yellow/black is TORS in stock wiring harness.

There is also a yellow/black going to ground in your pic?

Coming out of the light switch, green is low beam, yellow is high beam, and, yes, blue should go back to tail light. From >HERE<

Are the wires in your hand to aftermarket light(s)? I ask because black/yellow or yellow/black is TORS in stock wiring harness.

There is also a yellow/black going to ground in your pic?

I dont know, but I think its more like a stock wire that goes somewhere, TORS would make sense cause it might be deleted and the plug/wire of the TORS were maybe used to hook up a aftermarket kill switch, that I unplugged, thats why I have this plug/wire in my hands. I was thinking this might be the cause of my head lights not working, but I'm realizing that if the tail light is working when high beam is on, wires are inverted and the head lights just not hooked...

I dont know, but I think its more like a stock wire that goes somewhere, TORS would make sense cause it might be deleted and the plug/wire of the TORS were maybe used to hook up a aftermarket kill switch, that I unplugged, thats why I have this plug/wire in my hands. I was thinking this might be the cause of my head lights not working, but I'm realizing that if the tail light is working when high beam is on, wires are inverted and the head lights just not hooked...

Why would you say wires are inverted? The taillight works on both high and low beam. The head lights have 3 wires- green for low beam, yellow for high beam, and black for ground. There is a blue wire for the taillight. The switch connects the needed wires to the power wire as needed. The power wire is the yellow wire coming out of the stator and will have a different blue wire spliced to it going to the voltage regulator. If you don't have a working voltage regulator in the system, you will blow the headlight bulbs when you rev the engine. So on low beam setting the yellow power wire is conneted to the green low beam wire AND the blue taillight wire in the switch. And on high beam setting the yellow power wire is connected the yellow high beam wire AND the blue taillight wire in the switch. A solid black wire ANYWHERE on the bike is a ground wire. Yellow with a black stripe is for the TORS and has NOTHING to do with the lighting circuit.