To boost or not to boost ? ( bottle that is)

oh god not the boost bottle thing again. but to answer your questions, it wont make a lick of difference on your bike it wont make a lick of difference on NYUK's bike. it doesnt do anything to your jetting. and its mostly for show. i think my stock painted orange tube looks better than that big clunky POS tho.

I put a boost bottle on my shee when it was bone stock and actually noticed better throttle response on the lower end. Laugh if you all want but I did notice a difference. No more power just better response at low rpms. When I put my pipes on the bottle was in the way so it was bye bye for the bottle. If you do alot of slow trail riding or run mostly at lower rpms I would get one. If not dont waste your money. Shee's arent made for slow trail riding and low rpms anyway. It is a 2 stroke,so wind her ass out and save your money.The bottle gets a bad rap because people expect too much from it.

I do alot of trail riding, Usually isnt very slow unless I got the kidOs with me. I noticed the weekend and also is the past that the shee tend to run hot on those slow speed trails... I know this is another issue but is it a common problem, or do I need to investegate the cooling system throughly?

I dont know if you have done it or not but the very first thing you should do is put a temp guage on your shee. I did and it is by far my favorite mod (besides pipes). It is a cheap easy mod to do and you will never have to worry if the shee is running too hot anymore. I dont know if this has been covered or not but I do alot of trail riding myself and sometimes the temp tends to rise on my shee. I saw in this months issue of dirt wheels in one of the ads that MSD (I believe) has a kit so that you can put a battery on a shee. I am seriously thinking about getting this and hooking up a electric fan to keep her cool during trail riding. Anybody done this mod and if so does it work fairly well?

• 4 weeks later...

water wetter is the ONLY additive PROVEN to lower temps it is not funny collored antifreze sold at 15 bucks a HALF gallon it is a promoter the help alluminum transfer the heat into the water i would suggest an inline cooler, the impeller, and a 50/50 water/glycol mix and a splurge of water wetter if it is warmer around where you are forget the anti freeze and run straight distilled water (walmart has it for 58cents) and water wetter this should drop temps by 10-20 degrees but if it freezes or is cooler where you ride run the antifeeze just dont get fooled by the ice crap or expensive wowwie crap out there... you should be able to get it at speed shops circle burners use it a lot. i used to sell it for 7.00 a bottle and that would last a long time you use a small amount i would run 1/4 bottle in mine at a time

Distilled water is the key 2 it has no impurities that cause scalling and sediments to build up in the lines or radiator. With wetter water it does lower temps . I have a interesting test if you are all inclined to prove distilled water has no impurities.Because distilled water will not boil like normal water to preve this get a cup off regular water put it in hte microwave until it boils .Then try the same thing with Distilled water it will not boil but , be extremly careful it can get super heated and if you add any impurities it will instantly boil ex a cube off sugar a spoon anything will cause it to boil instantly and may splash you with scolding water :) just thought I would share a interesting fact

know how water has a skin to it? Water wetter gets rid of that skin and that is what helps it transfer heat better. I dont need a temp gauge to tell when my shee is getting hot, its just one of those things you can tell. And its one of those things that if you all of a sudden get a lean condition, your engines gonna be shot way before it ever reads on that temp gauge. Only way to go is with an exhaust temp gauge. I wish a company would build a weld in kit for the shee. They make them for snowmobiles.

I run water wetter and a coolhead and my shee seems to do fine in the trails. It gets a little warm sometimes but you just find a nice little straightaway to clean it out and cool it down.