What size sprocket?

domestic_beotch

Ahh ok. I have a 4 mill ported that should be around 65 hp. I weigh 165 lbs and I think the track should be about a 1/4 mile. I ran 14 42 with 20" tires and I think it would have worked better with 14 40. Now I'm switching to 18" tires. Wondering what the smallest rear sprocket made for the stock hub is also.

If running a 36 rear am I incorrect in saying that you need a different sprocket hub??? And also is it best to be 6th going into the turns cause im in 4th all around a 1/2 mi. but I'm in top 2 every time or in 1st walking away. Depending on which series Im racing with. I have truthfully never even got my shee into 6th and went into 5th once when we had 440' strait at a race. So is it really best to be in top gear pinned. All the lame ass 450 riders I race with are baffled that they are WFO in 5th popping those pieces of shit every few weeks and i have 2 gears to go while they are pinned. Do i need to change my gearing then??

If you have a 4 mil plus porting you should be over 65HP!! No problem

Ahh ok. I have a 4 mill ported that should be around 65 hp. I weigh 165 lbs and I think the track should be about a 1/4 mile. I ran 14 42 with 20" tires and I think it would have worked better with 14 40. Now I'm switching to 18" tires. Wondering what the smallest rear sprocket made for the stock hub is also.

Well i havent read the whole thread... but ill give my 2 cents...

I havent ran any large ice tracks... but for 1/4 on dirt, im running 16 40 and i was tapped 6th down the straight, right before apex to pitch it sideways slightly and scrub some speed. then straighten, No shifting, Never left off the gas.

• 2 weeks later...