compression test

banshee15

Well I'm getting arouse 85-90 on both sides. Is it possible. That it is losing compression around the cylinder where the exchaust mounts to it ( like where that black oring slides over)

Umm....that isn't ncluded in the compression numbers cause the piston is already ABOVE the exhaust opening by the time the compression really starts to spiike .

Did you kick until the needle stops moving? It may take quite a few number of kicks.....also are you holding your throttle wide open like you should?

in 3 kicks im getting between 85-90psi now if i give it arould 10-15 kicks i can get between 110-115psi this motor has just been rebulit board .40 over everything esle is stock that i no off when i bought this four wheeler everything was in boxes so its been a project the only thing im needing right now is a thumb throttle ( i all ready got the cable) im just trying to see if it will start so do i need to get the thumb throttle before i try to start

in 3 kicks im getting between 85-90psi now if i give it arould 10-15 kicks i can get between 110-115psi this motor has just been rebulit board .40 over everything esle is stock that i no off when i bought this four wheeler everything was in boxes so its been a project the only thing im needing right now is a thumb throttle ( i all ready got the cable) im just trying to see if it will start so do i need to get the thumb throttle before i try to start

If your around 1000ft that's perfect. You need to kick it till it wollnt go up any more. I warm it up first too. Do you need a thumb throttle to start it? No. If jetted properly you don't need the throttle at all to start it.

Motors should be comrpession tested cold. The throttle most be Wide open ,either by the thumb or by pliers or you will get a false low reading. The most important thing about a psi test as long as its up over 105 or 110 or so is how close they are together in compression. ANy more than 5psi difference in the cylinders and you will have a problem