Harlan County Kentucky--Black Mountain Adventure Park

Hello Everyone!!

I don't post too much on the forums I kind of just lurk and search for things. Any who my friends and I are planning a trip to Black Mountain off road adventure park in early June. I'm looking for little more firsthand experience. And what everyones overall thoughts were of the park.

I did some searching on here and people had recommended a few places to stay. I was wondering if anyone stayed in a house or cabin that they would personally recommend. There will be around 10-12 of us. It will be two girls and a whole lot of guys so the more space the better.

I saw you can ride in the town as long as you're not being an idiot. Can you ride in town at night or is it just a day thing?

Any information you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!! :cheers:

Amanda

Been there and it was great! We stayed at the cabins on top of the hill behind the gas station. We had 14 guys go and rented two cabins. Its nice and peaceful up there and the town folks are great.

Everyone recommends that place. That may be where we stay. I was also wondering about night riding. Can you ride the park at night? Or what is the latest you can ride?

Thank you!

That's some beautiful country! I would have a couple concerns - lots of steep trails with loose rock which seems like there would be lots of clutch slipping and messing around to get a Banshee through. Also, are there open trails big enough for larger trucks?

Once I take off I don't use the clutch, up or down shifting. I rode my Banshee there for three days with no problems besides the axle bearing going south. I guess it really depends on your skill as a rider. I rode alot of machines that weekend cuz it was over there level of riding. Some of the trails are big enough for trucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I live in Harlan Co. Great place to ride. How long is your group staying? If you need any help with a place to stay, PM me.

we are staying june 2 to the 10th...re rented a "cabin" from a guy named earnest?

• 4 weeks later...