Should i Port my stock cylinders or....

So its time for a rebuild and i want what everyone wants. MORE POWER!!

I have already decided to go with a 4 mill crank and i am wondering if i should get my stock cylinders bored and ported or

buy a set of cubs. also thinkin carbs, Cpi in frames, timing and whatever else?

suspenshion after that. I am planing on keeping the swing arm stock length for now anyways

I ride mostly wide trails and dune when i can (dunes are kinda harsh on a stocker even with T5's)

Im confused, in your other post you already said you talked with brandon and got hooked up on several mtrs...

Its usually cheaper to build the stock cyl route unless your cyls are bad. All depends on your budget...

I would suggest go with porting your stock cylinders for your 4 mil and hey if down the road you dont like it, sell it and get a cub. But for the money, you can get alot of horses out of stock cylinders. Give Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing a call or Cam at Redline. They will hook you up.

Im confused, in your other post you already said you talked with brandon and got hooked up on several mtrs...

Its usually cheaper to build the stock cyl route unless your cyls are bad. All depends on your budget...

ya i talked to brandon and he is who i am going to deal him. We talked about a 4 mill dune port with stock cylinders.

i am still awaiting an email from him for pricing and all that so nothing is set as of yet.

I am just thinking about different configerations while i await his reply.

Edited by Teo Blaikie

Like stated above it all depends on how much you want to spend. A dune port and full rebuild will run you about $600. A cub will be about $1100 with no porting. So it all depends on your wallet. If it were me, I'd have Kevin port the stock cylinders and add the 4mil, shearers, and 35mm pwk's. You would be around 80hp.

Edited by bansheeryder21