stock drag frames

kthurm

I'm building a new frame and cuttin and grinding on stuff. I'm puttin a subframe and trying to make it as light as possible. I know the way to go is get a drag frame I'm just a dragger on a budget. I want to see some pics of lighten frames I noticed a lot of people cuttin a lot up front want some feed back on what is cutting to much. Ill try and get pics of what I've cut so far, but not sure when

I've already got everything out the back cut off and everything cleand up. I just see so many people doing and sayin what not to cut off in the front. I've got it down to 34 minus the subframe I guess I should stop there I don't want to weakin the frame what's a couple extra lbs anyways

i had my stock frame cut to the very bare minimum and it took me 3-4years of beating it threw the whooped out dunes and countless number of 300 ft passes to crack it. Just keep an eye on all of the welds and fix as necessary. Only place I ended up breaking mine was on the back side of the frame where the front shock tabs where welded on. I cut the stock mounts off and replaced them with small tabs instead of the big ol stock mounts. If I did one again I would cut the bar out infront of the mount and behind the mount and then replace it with a piece of chrome alloy and then weld my tabs to it.

DSCN0601.jpg

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0602.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet thanks guys for the pics I'm about to where both of y'all r at with mine just wish I had a few bills to buy a drag frame I hear its like when u switch from gas to alky

I was in your shoes a couple years ago..i ended up getting a drag frame!man do i miss my lil stocker