Chain problems

Burkley

Bought a 2003 banshee the chain is so tight looks like he rolled it on to the rear sprocket absolutely no way to adjust the rear carrier for any less tension took the bike apart figured the rear bearings would be shot I was correct figured the swing arm bearings would be shot I was also correct besides replacing the chain and sprockets should I worry about the tranny because of the extra tension? And would an extra tight chain do this

And also what is a good chain to replace with a buddy likes DID don't mind maintaining something that is decent

grab the sprocket and see if you can move it forward or backward, this will tell ya if the trans bearings where hurt or not. DID makes a really nice chain, along with a big ol list of other manufacturers. Just make sure to buy an o ring chain or an x ring chain if this is a trail bike thats going to see mud water and dirt. the chain will last longer. Also, sidewinder is over priced junk.... dont waste your money.

grab the sprocket and see if you can move it forward or backward, this will tell ya if the trans bearings where hurt or not. DID makes a really nice chain, along with a big ol list of other manufacturers. Just make sure to buy an o ring chain or an x ring chain if this is a trail bike thats going to see mud water and dirt. the chain will last longer. Also, sidewinder is over priced junk.... dont waste your money.

Sprocket moves fine I just think this banshee has not been maintained probably why I bought it cheap thanks for help.

Local shop told me that an oring chain is not good in the sand this sounds like b.s. Is this true or is my gut right thanks Jeff

I know they are high...but over priced junk? I've not had any trouble. I've not had anything over 70-80hp though.

Have you had trouble with them?

thanks

did makes shitty chains just like everyone else. look at the tensil strength of the chain anything over 8000 tensil strength should be a decent chain. some DID's are in the 6000 range. i personally prefer the rkmxz4 chain but it is usually exspensive. also whatever shop told you an oring is bad in the sand what the hell are they total goons? its a SEALED chain its sealed to keep the SAND out. you wash it and dry it off and put the bike away.