2 into 1 or twin 28 mm carbs

roesso

I think most will lean toward twins.

I currently run a 2 into 1 set up. It was on the bike when I purchased it. I am looking for a set of stockers of maybe some 32s. I just don't want to turn whenches instead of tires . :blink:

Good luck.

I think most will lean toward twins.

I currently run a 2 into 1 set up. It was on the bike when I purchased it. I am looking for a set of stockers of maybe some 32s. I just don't want to turn whenches instead of tires . :blink:

Good luck.

I currently also own a 2 into 1 set-up. It was on the bike when I bought it. It has a case of "cant get right" I have tuned and tuned, changed jets, needles, clip positions, everything you can think of I have done it to this system. I called Trinity - No help there, and I still cant get it right. It is dead off the bottom. When the motor starts to turn some RPMs it takes off, but then drops again at high speed. It does not perform correctly. I am going to switch to PWK 35's. In my experience, working at a snow machine shop for 3 years in High School, the Twin 2 strokes run better with a carb per cylinder. It is that case in Snowmachines, and shows here in my Banshee. Unless I am way in left field on the tuning with this..

Adam

The 2 into 1 are tricky to set up... they are offered in different carb sizes like 33, 35 and 38 I believe... and thats just the kits.

I will say this though... on my 02 ported stock cylinders with a cool head I used the 33 and it was amazing. Tons of bottom and a healthy mid. Top lacked compared to my twin 32's but i was looking specifically for the lower power as I was doing mostly trail riding at the time.

Start with the pilot, then move to the needle and on to the main. Its a PITA but once done I think way worth the effort.

I just bought one for my new project and im pulling my duals off to put on the single!!

- J

I'm a believer as well NOW. When i bought this bike it had a 2-1 carb set up with a 35mm and a 2-1 exhaust. I rode it and was a little lazy off the line but came on strong as the rpms rose. I pulled the 2-1 exhaust and it's like a completely different animal now. I can't believe the difference. I have a set of stock carbs and want to try them also. Just not sure if i will see a difference or not with twins.

Edited by troyzstang

Ive been running the 2-1 setup and I couldn't be happier. I'm running pwk 35. Throttle is super crisp. Cascade innovations has a different 2-1 manifold that is much better and is machined for vforce reeds unlike trinity's smaller manifold. I'll be purchasing the new manifold this week. I'll post pics of the manifolds side by side.

I was going to buy a 2 into 1 set up but I got divorced and now my money is right again and now im lost we ride fast trail don't no what to buy need help please as far as I no the motor is stock

I have a trinity manifold, brand new intake boot, and used boot i would be willing to sell to you for cheap. the boot from trinity is 60 and the manifold is probably 150ish. I will sell you everything for 100? let me know if you are interested. the only thing you would have to buy is the carb, gaskets, and filter. Let me know if you are interested.

35's on an un-ported motor are overkill. 28's would be fine. We've made 70+ HP with the stockers. (dyno proven)

We also have a 65 HP 350 with a Graydon 2 into 1 and a single 35 pwk. So either will work.

(I don't like the Trinity 2 into 1 model cause it crowds the reeds)

So, if you want to only have to mess with one carb, go with a 2 into 1. (Jet changes are cake, cause you just rotate the carb a 1/4 turn and you can get right at them.)

But if you want to run two carbs, just don't go crazy big. Bigger isn't always better.

Mikuni flat slide 28's work great....but jet and needle changes are much easier with PWK's. IMHO

Yeah, it was running FMF's too. I like those pipes for a general pipe. For our 370 long rod bike with a D+M dune port it's FMF Fatty's and Turbine cores (Cause we need sparkys for the dunes) It might make a little more with a SB CPI, but I use the bike as my woods and trail machine. (It's the wife's duner.) So I like the bottom end for that bike more than the added top end of a pipe more drag oriented. It's still in the 63-65 range. I was running a graydon 2 into 1 on that bike too. But it was a 36 Air striker.

Only reason I switched to twin 28's was that the porting is a little off. The mixture isn't balanced and with the single carb, I couldn't keep one plug from fouling. (One cylinder draws a little harder than the other. ) That was a real head scratcher without the dyno. Once I could see the A/F ratios of each cylinder, it was easy to figure out what the problem was. I have to run one carb with a full jet size smaller than the other to get each cylinder happy.

Everyone goes and spends a mint on the bolt-ons. They drop coin on carbs, when for the same money you could get a great port job and see overall power just JUMP and still use the carbs you own. ( But I'd ditch the airbox.) Changing jets with an airbox sucks!

Stock carbs sell for cheap. You can bore them out and have a real sleeper that will leave alot of guys wondering WTF? :lol:

I wanna do a ported 4 mill or the wampus stealth 421. Then use the stock looking head that fits the aftermarket domes. Run stock modded intakes, V-force 3's with the sides painted flat black, stock carbs bored out to 28's (for the sleeper effect) or the graydon single with the 36 (for the "how is a single carb beating me" effect), factory side covers and shifter.

It would be fun if I could just say "It's fast because I got a boost bottle and the TORS eliminator kit" or say "I didn't know how to adjust the stock carbs after I got my new pipes....so I bought this single carb set-up on Ebay and just threw it on." LOL.